Priceline Hotel: 4* Napa - Sonoma (Napa) Marriott Napa Valley

scully
By scully,
in

I'm heading to Napa, Calif. for two nights, 11/16 and 11/17, It seems like there are very few hotels that offer priceline bid for hotel rates in napa and upper napa. (those are the only two areas I am interested in.)

I bid $70 for Upper Napa, a 2.5* room, which is the best they offer. I was turned down.

24 hours later I tried again, but this time focused on Napa itself, the city, not the area. I opted for a 3.5* and bid from $75 to $108 using all rebid zones. I was turned down.

24 hours later I tried again, for Napa the city, and tried for a 4* room. I started at $100 and went to $128 and was turned down.

This is a personal trip so I can pay whatever it costs. But I would like a 3.5* room or better. I"m simply trying to find out what that will cost in Napa so I can choose my star level accordingly.

My trip is after the harvest, so it's a bit of the off season, the week before Thanksgiving. I have priced individual rooms at the rate advertised on their sites and at the quality of hotel I want, they are $140 for a 3* room and $175 - $240 for a 4 star room at a boutique hotel.

Although this may be after the harvest and a slightly slower time in the area, it is still a weekend, which is usually a busy time for the area.

What is the 3* hotel you're seeing for $140/nite... is it well reviewed?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have been bidding for five days trying to secure a 3.5* or 4* room in Napa for the weekend of Nov. 16-18.

With my losing bids I started bidding each day around $80, then $90, then $100, finally maxing out at $132 with rebid zones.

Today I started at $120, bid 130,140, 145 and then 150, with one rebid zone left. $155 was going to be my max because I found that I could book the 3* Best Western Premier Ivy myself for $152 a night plus tax.

So I bid with a min star level of 3.5 and was upgraded to a 4* level with the Marriott Napa Valley at $150 a night.

The room is going for $259 a night right now on all other hotel booking websites, so I'm very happy with the deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]