Error Message

Melba_A
By Melba_A,
in

This is my first time bidding on a car. I tried to bid on a minivan out of OAK. While waiting for the bid to go through I got this error message:

'Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.'

What does this mean? I have tried to go back in to see if I won or to try the bid again but I just keep getting that error page.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Melba

First thing i would do is check your profile to ensure that your bid was not submitted so that you don't submit a duplicate bid for the same dates. (from the top right of PRICELINE's home page go to MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS)

Are you using a fairly old or outdated browser? (from the top of your browser try HELP>>ABOUT (browser name) and let us know the browser type (internet explorer, firefox, chome, etc) and the version number.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, thanks for the help. It seems to be working now. I have since gotten an email saying this was an 'unsuccessful bid, try again'. When I press the 'try again' button it says 'Unfortunately, our Name Your Own Price service was unable to locate an available rental car for the area and dates you selected. However, we have found a broad selection of rental car options below'. Minivans are offered at $760. Not acceptable! This is for 7 days one hour. I guess I clicked on the wrong returning time by half an hour. Last year we got a minivan off of Hotwire for $27 per day. Can't I rebid? I will see if I can change pick up area or something to rebid.

BTW, I am using firefox 14.0.1 and I always use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links from your web site.

Thanks!

When I press the 'try again' button...

Please don't use the links in any PRICELINE emails... please return to the board and use the links on the board to begin your bidding.

Minivans are offered at $760.

What is this in terms of daily rate before fees/taxes?

Can't I rebid?

You can bid on the same car class 24 hours after your last bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I know not to bid using the PRICELINE links. I was just seeing where it took me because before I was just getting an error page for that trip. I always use betterbidding's links.

I had accidentally put it in for 7 days and 1 hour so if they are basing it on 8 days the daily rate would be $95. Hotwire wanted $111/per day so we are giving up on getting a minivan and are just going to bid on a full size car. I tried bidding on one last night for $20 but it was rejected. I just checked Hotwire's price on a full size car and it has come down $3 from yesterday and is now $28. I will try PL again and come up a few bucks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]