Priceline Hotel: 4*Monterey Aug 24 - 26th 2012

Vista_CA
By Vista_CA,
in

I have been looking for 4*Monterey hotel in Aug 2012 for Aug 24 - Aug 26, 2 rooms.

I've been rebidding for '4* Monterey' for Aug 24 - Aug 26, 2 rooms. I started at $85, went up to $116, still no luck. I tried all three rebid zones - Marina, Pacific Grove, Sea Side , but no success so far. I tried 3 or 4 times so far, almost everyday, no luck. I even tried alternate dates Aug 10 - Aug 12. No luck. I usually get Hyatt Regency, 4 * Monterey hotel at @100$, this time PRICELINE has been hard on me :( Are there any special events in Monterey? I used your PRICELINE link.

What is the reasonable highest bid I can go for this area?

Thanks

vista_ca

Can you please add another reply to your Hotwire Disneyland thread with the amenities that were associated with the hotel you received... how to still view this information is provided in our reply to your thread.

In regards to this trip:

I usually get Hyatt Regency, 4 * Monterey hotel at @100$...

Not sure if you have other wins that you haven't posted, but the previous wins you have posted in this area were in October... this is summer which is a busy/peak season for this area. The best rate i was able to find for a 4* hotel was $250+, making your $116 bid still well under half price, not very good odds for success.

Using BiddingHelper.com are you able to find a rate better than $250 at an acceptable hotel? Based upon the best deal you're able to find thru conventional booking channels, how high are you willing to bid before considering lowering your star rating, raising your budget further, or including other nearby zones in your bidding?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In priceline, when I'm bidding I'm seeing winning bid msgs for 4* in the 130 - 140$ range. I can push myself upto 145, max 150$ If I can't get 4* for $130 or so, then, I would bid for 3.5* starting at $100 and could go upto 130$. Thanks for your advice, you guys are awesome.

When bidding 4* for Monterey you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Over the next two days i would try:

Select 4* Monterey...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try:

Select 4* Monterey...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...

Can you please add another reply to your Hotwire Disneyland thread with the amenities that were associated with the hotel you received... how to still view this information is provided in our reply to your thread.

In regards to this trip:Not sure if you have other wins that you haven't posted, but the previous wins you have posted in this area were in October... this is summer which is a busy/peak season for this area. The best rate i was able to find for a 4* hotel was $250+, making your $116 bid still well under half price, not very good odds for success.

Using BiddingHelper.com are you able to find a rate better than $250 at an acceptable hotel? Based upon the best deal you're able to find thru conventional booking channels, how high are you willing to bid before considering lowering your star rating, raising your budget further, or including other nearby zones in your bidding?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]