Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge East - Charlestown) Royal Sonesta Hotel Boston

namssa
By namssa,
in

Trying to get a 4 start hotel in Boston for 7/21 - 7/23 and having no luck.

So far over the past week:

I have bid on a 4 star hotel in Harbor Front, Quincy Market, Theatre District, Beacan Hill, Waterfront, and Copley Square all up to $180 with no luck.

I also have bid on a 3 1/2 star hotel in Harbor Front, Quincy Market, Theatre District, Beacan Hill, Waterfront up to $175 with no luck.

Would like a 4 star near Quincy Market for under $200. I'll try again tonight up to $200 and see what I get.

Any strategies anyone could recommend? I'm not renting a car so would like to be in the city if possible.

Trying to get a 4 start hotel in Boston for 7/21 - 7/23

So far over the past week:

I have bid on a 4 star hotel in Harbor Front, Quincy Market, Theatre District, Beacan Hill, Waterfront, and Copley Square all up to $206 with no luck.

I also have bid on a 3 1/2 star hotel in Harbor Front, Quincy Market up to $206 and Theatre District, Beacan Hill, Waterfront up to $175 with no luck.

Decided to open up to 4 star hotels in Cambridge East Charlestown and started bid at $131. Got Priceline message that said I can bid again at $164 and got Royal Sonesta Hotel Boston for $164.

Pretty happy considering the difficulty I was having. I fully expected I was going to have to pay over $200 per night although I would like to be in the city its not to far away. Looks like room rate right now is $219.

Update:

I increased bids on a 4 star hotel in Harbor Front, Quincy Market, Theatre District, Beacan Hill, Waterfront, and Copley Square all up to $206. I also increased bids on a 3 1/2 star hotel in Harbor Front, Quincy Market up to $206 and got nothing.

Decided to open up to 4 star hotels in Cambridge East Charlestown and started bid at $131. Got Priceline message that said I can bid again at $164 and got Royal Sonesta Hotel Boston for $164.

Hope you're pleased with the results and this property will work for your plans this trip.

Do note for future bidding that you can often undercut the PRICELINE counter-offer by using re-bid zones, as discussed in this Priceline Suggests Price to Pay thread. Feel free to ask any questions you may have in this regard.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great time in Boston!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed this this past weekend and was very pleased with the hotel. During check in there was no mention of Priceline reservation. Was given a room on the top floor over looking the Charles River and Downtown Boston. Great room! Couldn't have been happier. Location was excellent. On the water, across the street from the mall and walking distance to the subway. And not even that long of a walk across the bridge to Boston's main areas. Hotel was nice and clean. Only complaint, Champagne was a little expensive for room service, but I guess that is expected at a 4 star hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]