Priceline Hotel: Boston June 23-26

nachitobonito
By nachitobonito,
in

You can choose to bid any amounts you wish, but based upon current rates at this time, i would think that under $100 for these dates would be somewhat unlikely.

Using BiddingHelper.com what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, this is first bidding in Priceline. Husband,daughter,mother and I are going to Boston for the first time June 23, coming back the 26. I like Back Bay-Copley Square and Boston Common-Theater District. I can't pay more than &100,included taxes. I'm taking the risk of getting 2 beds only. Can you help me? I'm afraid to make a mistake. I see 4 areas with four 3* hotels. But in recent post you talk about 5 areas. I don't see them.

In the priceline box, i guess in the first dates box you put the check in date,and in the second one the check out date?

In case nothing work in those areas,how do i get the Marriott Courtyard in Back Bay? What hotel is the Courtyard downtown in Boston Common?

Thank you for your time and help. Very appreciated.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

There is no way to bid on a particular property. When you bid, you are bidding on (for example) a 3* in the Boston Common zone. If you make that bid, you have to be willing to accept ANY 3* in that zone. If you have never used either HOTWIRE or PRICELINE, I would suggest reading this thread first: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

Additionally, PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy; there is a definite risk in Boston of getting 1 bed - is that acceptable? Additionally, are you willing to accept any hotel in the zone/s you bid on at the star rating selected? $100, including taxes and fees, is unfortunately going to be difficult in the Summer.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Have you already tried 3.5* bidding or is there a reason you're not trying this star level first before dropping to 3*?

At the 3.5* level you have FIVE re-bid zones... at the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zones. See Priceline Re-Bidding Explained for information on how to determine your re-bid zones and feel free (highly recommended) to confirm them with the board before bidding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much, it didn't occur to me. Read the re-bidding explanation, but still insecure. Count 9 zones with 31/2 stars, and only :

1. Fenway Park 2. Brighton- Brookline, 3. Medford- Somerville 4. North Cambridge 5. South Boston don't have 31/2 stars. Are those 5 zones the re-bidding zones? So, 1st i'm going to click on Back Bay, and then, will add those five zones one by one?

thanks again.

When bidding at the 3 1/2* level in Boston, you are correct on the 5 re-bidding zones.

But do check each day before a bidding session. They can change.

And please do note thereuare's comment about getting only one double bed.

Good luck!

Romelle

The amount one bids does not include taxes and fees. A bid of approximately $80 will end up a total of approximately $100. Before you actually place your bid, you will see the total including taxes and fees.

The more zones you are willing to consider, the better your chances are at finding a lower rate.

Romelle

Yes, they can do that. And they do. In fact, on HOTWIRE a Boston Commons 4* for your dates is $222. I don't know of specific events, but the rates do suggest a busy time.

There aren't rates below $100 until one gets to the suburbs and the airport.

You can make a request to a hotel for an upgrade to a king bed but there is no guarantee they will do it. If they do, there might be an additional charge.

If you are planning on four people in the room, HOTWIRE would be a better way to go since you can indicate the number of guests. PRICELINE only promises sufficient bed space for 2 people.

Romelle

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they can do that. And they do. In fact, on HOTWIRE a Boston Commons 4* for your dates is $222. I don't know of specific events, but the rates do suggest a busy time.

There aren't rates below $100 until one gets to the suburbs and the airport.

You can make a request to a hotel for an upgrade to a king bed but there is no guarantee they will do it. If they do, there might be an additional charge.

If you are planning on four people in the room, HOTWIRE would be a better way to go since you can indicate the number of guests. PRICELINE only promises sufficient bed space for 2 people.

Romelle

Thank you very much to all.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm bidding for a 3* hotel in Boston, first I click Copley-Back bay alone, then I added Fenway park, if not winning, close browser. Bid 4 Boston Common alone, then add Fenway park, if not wining, close browser. Then, Quincy market alone, add Fenway park, if nothing, close browser. Is it the procedure like I just explained it or, after clicking Copley Backbay, I should add Fenway Park, then Boston Common, then B Harborfront, then B Waterfront, finally Quincy Market?

Thanks so much.

This one:

...first I click Copley-Back bay alone, then I added Fenway park, if not winning, close browser. Bid 4 Boston Common alone, then add Fenway park, if not wining, close browser. Then, Quincy market alone, add Fenway park, if nothing, close browser....

... and if the above is rejected you could then bid:

Copley-Back Bay AND Boston Common...

Copley-Back Bay AND Boston Common AND Fenway...

Copley-Back Bay AND Quincy Market...

Copley-Back Bay AND Quincy Market AND Fenway...

Copley-Back Bay AND Boston Common AND Quincy Market...

Copley-Back Bay AND Boston Common AND Quincy Market AND Fenway...

Hope the above answers your question(s) and makes it clear, if not ask us to break it down further.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i haven't have luck, been doing the bidding for 3 months already. Would you help me please? We'd like to stay in Downtown June 23(today), 24, 25, checking out June 26. Don't want to pay more than $120 at night(tax included), 3* hotels, in Boston Common, Quincy market, Copley-back bay, Boston Waterfront, Boston Harbor front.

Thank you.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread with your maximum bid amount before taxes and fees and what zone, star level and bid combination you have already made.

Thanks.

Priceline has the Omni Parker House (4*) at $229 doubled bed. I bid on Boston Common last nite in Priceline $115 because it said medium price $228, got rejected. It said bid a lower amount? Hotwire has Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston Garden (3*) at $229 . My maximun bid would be &110 before taxes. Idid last nite the following combinations: 3* Copley square-back bay alone & added Fenway park. Boston C. alone & addes Fenway. Boston Harboe Front alone & added Fenway, Boston Waterfrone alone &added Fenway.

Thanks.

My maximun bid would be &110 before taxes.... Idid last nite the following combinations: 3* Copley square-back bay alone & added Fenway park. Boston C. alone & addes Fenway. Boston Harboe Front alone & added Fenway, Boston Waterfrone alone &added Fenway.

So last nite you bid your maximum bid ($110) in all acceptable zones?

As your original dates commenced last nite, did you make alternate plans for last nite or delay/cancel your trip? Do you still need something for 6/24-6/26? Have you yet bid for just these two nites?

There are T stations within the zone, but as the zone boundaries can get geographically large once you're outside of 'downtown', all hotels may not be within easy walking of a T-station.

Do you have a new set of dates?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]