Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help Boston MIT Area

schellneck
By schellneck,
in

Hello,

we are currently trying to bid on two hotel rooms from 15th to 20th of July in the area surrounding the MIT (Cambridge East + West).

We already bid up to $ 141 for 4* and 3* hotels but no luck. As we have seen that there are winning bids at quite better prices for that category in that area around that time, we don't understand why we are not getting a successful bid at a lower price. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

$141 is our maximum bid, but we would also consider other areas with nice hotels, given they are well connected to the MIT.

Thanks a lot!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... each time you try to bid or access the respective site(s)

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates are date specific and rates for your dates may be higher then when you've seen others win for less than you have already bid (even if their win is for dates near your own, rates can easily vary drastically from one day to the next)

I'm assuming this $130 Priceline hotel win is one of the 'wins' you're referring to as a basis of your own bidding. Using BiddingHelper.com i see retail rates for those dates (7/5-7/8) at the hotel won (Le Meridien) are priced at $181/nite... change the search to your own dates and you'll see the same hotel priced at $278/nite. Hopefully this makes it easy to understand why your bids have been rejected while others have won for less... rates for your dates are indeed (at least using this example of one) higher then when others have won for less.

HOTWIRE has what i believe to be the Best Western Tria for $156/nite if this is of any interest and works for your plans.

Using BiddingHelper.com what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels? Using this figure do you want to adjust your maximum bid at all or does the HOTWIRE offer i reference above appeal to you?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]