Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Chelsea) Doubletree New York City - Chelsea

monarch0300
By monarch0300,
in

Hey,

Was in NYC for the first time last year, stayed in the Upper East Side ended up staying in a glorified hostel, no luck on priceline. I'm not too too picky, especially in NYC when I'll be out 99% of the time. I've never bid below 4* and had amazing success this year all over the US and Europe but feel my luck running short in New York.

Basically would like a decent room, nothing special, don't particularly care about hotel amenities would just like a clean (even if small room) at a reasonable rate in a good location. Will be in town with a girl mostly shopping and going to the big museums. <$150 all in would be great, have seen a few people winning at the $100ish bid mark which would be perfect. Will be spending time in Soho, West Village, undoubtedly back in Times Square etc.

What star level should I aim for to make sure the room is at least clean, and which areas should I shoot for? Really can't go wrong if its got some cool stuff nearby and can easily jump on the subway or grab a cab to other things.

I realize how vague this is but know that it really means I don't particularly care! Thanks in advance

I've never bid below 4* and had amazing success this year all over the US and Europe...

It would be appreciated if you began to share your wins so that others on the board can benefit from the information, just as you are seeking be helped by the board. :(

I generally recommend that users don't bid below 3* in NYC, although if their budget allows, a higher rating is better as quality can vary greatly at many of the budget rated properties. If you bid the lower rated properties could get a diamond in the rough that meets all your needs OR you could get something that you'd prefer you had made a different choice... and with PRICELINE you don't get to choose which type you will get. I would only take a lower rated hotel if it was on HOTWIRE and i was reasonably confident i knew which hotel i would receive.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Which zones you choose depends upon the star level you're bidding, but at current rates i think a 3* or better hotel in Manhattan at $150 all-in is going be difficult.

Using BiddingHelper.com what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Was your Doubletree purchase thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE? For either please add a reply there with the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate and dates of your stay, and if HOTWIRE, also include the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link at the top right of PRICELINE's home page OR by going to the MY ACCOUNT link at the top of HOTWIRE's home page.

priceline.hotwrie

Thank you.

$123 bid for 3.5star in Chelsea on Priceline accepted for Doubletree Chelsea.

Initially started at $130 for MTE, then rebid $140 with free Coney rebid, offer rejected. Opened a new window and bid $123 on 3.5* Chelsea based on another user's win and was accepted for 6/8-6/11.

Still need 6/11-6/13 any suggestions welcomed! 3-3.5*+ in Manhattan would be great, ideally $150ish a night but can go up to $180ish if necessary.

Congrats on your success.

Terrific deal for this Doubletree property during the Summer. Free Doubletree cookies at check-in are always a plus, as well.

This thread will be used for 6/8-11; please start a new thread for 6/11-13 and we would be happy to help.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Doubletree is currently 3.5* rated by PRICELINE and the Priceline Hotel List has been updated to reflect this star rating. If you'd like help with, or to report a win for, your own trip please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]