Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Lake View- Lincoln Park - Wrigleyville) Hotel Lincoln

stenied
By stenied,
in

Will be in Chicago 5-7 to 5-11 for Cubs/Braves Games 5-7/5-8/5-9 and would like to stay in 4 star in loop area or river area.No success up to 110 using 6 rebid zones.Which area would be best for transit(no car) to games and safety.Expected to get this not exceeding 100 but maybe I'm wrong.Would appreciate your guidance for bidding as we are looking for nice accomadations(in our 60's)and other than bb games want be out at night and doing the normal tourist things daytime.We are familar with priceline would like a bidding platform for these dates. Thanks in advance.

The River North-NMA area would be best, especially if you're going to be out at night. The Spring season is more expensive than the Winter, and hotels do ramp up rates into the warmer months, and rates for these dates do appear on the high side on both HOTWIRE and regular rate services. What would be your desired max bid per night for this stay?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

At the moment, i think this may take as much as $130-$155 for these dates... did you want to try bidding up to $125 at this time OR do you prefer to keep your bidding at $110 and hope for lower rates in the weeks ahead?

Did you want to continue to bid the NMA and Loop zones or stick with only NMA for the time being?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in Chicago you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 4* in Chicago you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 1 month later...

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/when we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

I have comtinued to bid off and on using my 6 re-bid zones and milleneun/loop zone up to 145.00 with no luck. Our goal is to go to Braves/Cubs Games on 5/8 and 5/9 with other time sightseeing.Want good area and nice accomadations.Should I look at another area? We want a good experince but that has its limits too. Do you think rooms have been release to Priceline yet or is it too early? Getting a little antsy.Thanks for any updates and ideas.

Steve

When searching on HOTWIRE for these dates for two adults, I see a 4* in the Lincoln Park-Lakeview-Wrigleyville area for $93 w/smoke-free, restaurant, business, internet, golf, tennis. My guess is that this is the new Hotel Lincoln.

If this is the Lincoln, it's a bit to the North of downtown, but if you don't mind walking and using public transit, it's a very nice area, with restaurants, shopping and the zoo nearby. If you don't mind a trek, it's a fairly easy (and pretty) walk on a nice day to the top end of the Michigan Ave area.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

After investigating Hotel Lincoln decided it would do, as we plan to use public trans and reviews were good.Booked it at 94.00 through your HOTWIRE link. Appreciate your advice here and will follow up with review. Found that airport shuttle would be 46.00 one way and 36.00 the other.OUCH! Any ideas on cheaper way from Ohare to hotel and return. Thanks again for your help.

Steve

Congrats on your success. :)

Excellent deal for this brand new Lincoln Park property! The cheapest option is taking the "L" train; you'd take the Blue Line into the city to Jackson, then switch to the Red Line Northbound to Clark/Division. I'd then take a cab the remaining distance, which should be fairly quick. This is a bit further to get to from the airport than going downtown, but I think it's a really, really nice spot - Lincoln Park is right across the street, as is the Zoo (which is free and quite nice - that's a little further into the park.) The Lincoln Park and smaller Old Town neighborhoods nearby have a lot of dining/entertainment options, as well as one of my favorite stores in the city - a husband/wife-run herb/spice store that's used by some of the city's best chefs - http://www.thespicehouse.com/info/stores.html

Please let me know if you have any city questions at all.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]