Priceline Hotel: 3* DC (Crystal City) Sheraton Crystal City Hotel

budgetmb
By budgetmb,
in

I am needing 2 rooms in Washington,DC hopefully in the DCA airport area on April 2-4 2012.

My group will consist of 6 adults, so we are looking for 2 rooms.

Right now the best quote I have gotten from Hotwire is for a 3* hotel for $131 a night per room.

The ammenities are: Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, Laundry, & High Speed Internet.

But this place does not currently have a recommendation rating from previous Hotwire guests.

I would like to try Priceline, but I need some input from previous guests if they were able to upgrade their room to 2 beds in the Crystal City, VA area with any success.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you go back to HOTWIRE, do you also see a Laundry amenity associated with this property?

As far as using PRICELINE for more than double occupancy, it's a risk, but one i wouldn't decide upon taking based upon the feedback of another user's experience. Even if another user was able to get rooms with two requested beds:

1) you could receive a different property and the hotel you receive may not be willing to accommodate your request

2) the other user could have been 'lucky' with a reception clerk who was in a good mood and was willing to accommodate the request at no charge

3) you could get 'unlucky' and get a reception desk clerk who is in a bad mood and not willing to accommodate your request OR is only willing to do so for an additional fee

4) the hotel could be at or near full occupancy for your stay and the hotel may not be able to (even if they wanted to) accommodate your request for rooms with two beds each

Of course you could take the risk and use PRICELINE and it will all go fine, the above isn't meant to deter (or encourage) you to use PRICELINE, but rather that there are a LOT of variables involved as to whether you'll be able to get your room request honored, so i wouldn't simply base it upon whether somebody else was successful in their similar request.

I'll also add that if you change your search to 3rooms/6adults there is a 4* hotel in the Dupont Circle zone for $110/nite... this comes to about $60 more total (for all rooms) for each nite compared to the two rooms above for $128/nite... or just $10/pp per nite given there are six adults. Depending upon your needs and plans for this trip, it may be worthwhile to everyone to spend the extra $10/nite to stay directly in the city, not have to commute to/from, and not only have a higher rated hotel, but also an extra room (which means an extra bathroom when everyone is trying to get ready to go out for the day or for the evening). As well, you could try bidding 3 rooms on PRICELINE in an attempt to beat the $110 rate, which would make the additional cost for each person a little less.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank You so much for the quick response Thereuare. I will definitely put that into consideration of getting three rooms instead of just 2. I will definitely be using a link from here to priceline or hotwire to do my searches and to purchase my accommodation.

Would it be possible to transfer this post into the Washington,DC area category...I don't know why it ended up here for Tennessee-Hotwire instead.

Thereuare do you think 4* hotel(s) in Dupont Circle would be willing to change at least one of the rooms into 2 double/queen beds? Since if I had to get 3 rooms at the current hotwire rate of $110/night per room plus the taxes, it will be an extra $200

Unfortunately, there is no way to know. The hotel may be more than happy to do so, it may charge you more for a room with two beds (if rooms with two beds go for a premium, which is not unheard of in some major cities), they may may be completely unwilling and/or unable to do so. Someone else may be successful in asking for two beds with no problems a week before your stay, but because the hotel is full or you may wind up talking to someone different a week later (for example), you may not be successful in requesting two beds. Overall, people are certainly successful in requesting two beds, but there are definitely people who have not, and while the hotel could certainly have no problem, there's just no way to guarantee or know the odds.

I see a listing for $131 in the first post of the thread for two rooms - that would be $262; if there's a property for $110 for three rooms that would be $330 - a little over $60 additional.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I decided to do priceline. I was able to get a 3* Courtyard by Marriott in Crystal City for $70 night. I posted my winning bid in the priceline section and used the PRICELINE quickquote for my bid. I'm glad I found this site, thanks for the help and info

First tried to duplicate winning bids for 4* then 3.5* in the DC area (Crystal City, Dupont Circle, and Convention Center) near my given dates but without success. Looked at Hotwire Hotrate hotels but the only choice closest to my winning bid was $129 3* Crystal City with unknown recommendation. I wish it was closer to a metro (.8 miles) but at least the hotel has shuttles to/from metro and DCA which was what I was looking for.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal for this stay and while not the perfect location, seems like it will work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]