Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Hotel Nikko

mitmap
By mitmap,
in

I decided to give this a shot because of all the incredible prices I've seen others getting. I'm trying to bid San Francisco USE 4* Jul 29-Aug 2. I started out USE $75, then USE & Cathedral Hill $78 and then added Civic Center $80 but all got rejected. I'm seeing a lot of posters getting 4* during this period for $74. Should I keep bidding up? Or should I wait a week before trying again at $75? Thanks.

You have two free rebid zones you have not used yet, and have you considered the USW area? A good chance to get the Hilton or other decent hotel. I would start a new bid for 4* at about $55 - $60 in the USE zone and increase bids at $5 after adding a free rebid zone (you have four available) If no success with this, start a new 4* bid using USW and the free rebid zones starting at $55 - $60 again. I would think from looking at recent posts, you should be able to secure a 4* in USE or USW for $70 - $80 for your dates.

Check out this post regarding rebidding:

PRICELINE RE-BIDDING

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would not bid more than $85 at this point in time (for the next 10 days or so). If you'd like a more specific strategy let us know and we'll outline a step-by-step gameplan for you to follow (if you go this route let us know if you want to only bid USE or if you also want to include USW).

If you're new to the re-bidding concept linked above you're storngly encouraged to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

Keep us updated as to your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes please! A strategy will help me tremendously. I prefer USE first, but will take USW to keep it under $80-85 if possible. Something I don't understand - shammes53 suggested I restart the bid at $55-60, but if the hotels are rejecting my offer of $80, I'm assuming there is not enough inventory, why would I be restarting at a lower price? Thanks for all the help.

The suggestion to bid $55-$60 was if you were adding the USW zone, as none of your bids so far have included that zone.... but based upon rates for your dates i think that is too low.

You have 4 re-bid zones available when bidding in San Francisco... if you're unsure of which they are feel free to confirm them or ask question to the board. Below is based upon my assumption (from what i can gather) that you much prefer the USE zone, so it tries that first up to your maximum bid, and then tries USW... if price is most important post back and we'll revise accordingly)

Select 4* USE...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* USW...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and keep us updated.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I finally got it!

Hotel Nikko San Francisco

222 Mason Street

San Francisco, CA 94102

415-394-1111

Check-In Date: Fri, Jul 29, 2005

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Tue, Aug 2, 2005

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $80.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $320.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $56.38

Total Charges: $376.38

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]