Priceline Hotel: MSP, Airport, Mall of America Area

dixiepig
By dixiepig,
in

Looking for Priceline bidding advice. I bid $39 for two 3* hotel rooms for 1/12/2012 (Thursday night). Was denied and invited to immediately re-bid $49. I decided to add hotel class of 3.5* and increase my bid to $45 (yes, it's a game). Was not allowed to submit the bid, which surprised me. Now I'm wondering: what area can I add that doesn't have a 3* or 3.5* hotel so I can re-bid again? Your hotel list says Coons Rapid or Burnsville should be ok (only up to 2.5*) but you also say I can't rely on your list--where can I get a better idea? Thanks.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

The list of hotels on the board only provides the hotels that have been reported to the board. There may be other hotels at specific star ratings and there may be star ratings available in a particular area where no hotels have *yet* been reported to the board. The area/star rating selection screen during the bidding process is what should be used to determine what star ratings are available in each zone (as star ratings that are not available in a particular zone cannot be selected.) Please let us know if you have any questions and if you want us to confirm re-bid zones.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

To determine your re-bid zones, please see this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained (and if you're new to the subject matter it's highly recommended that you confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding)

If you read the thread above and are confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like you received a nice, inexpensive deal... can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the hotel you received so that we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins (or click the "EDIT TO REPORT WIN" button on the lower left and fill out the form with the details of your purchase)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]