PA Harrisburg Hampton Inn Carlisle

shammes53
By shammes53,
in

On our recent vacation we stayed at several different properties along the way and I found that the nicest was the Hampton Inn in Carlisle, PA ($35 winning bid) While it didn't have the glitz of the Grand Hyatt in Washington, DC we stayed at later, I found the room to be equal or better than the Grand Hyatt. We had a great non-smoking room with a king bed and sleeper sofa, microwave and fridge, nice bathroom and plenty of room overall. Throw in the free wireless internet access, free breakfast bar and nice pool, this property at *2 seemed a much better value than the Grand Hyatt was. Location of hotel was just off the Pennsylvania Turnpike and just off the Harrisburg Pike (this road heavily traveled),but hotel was far enough off the road you hardly noticed. Checkin was no problem and no mention of Priceline. We were given a room on the second floor at rear of hotel, which was really quiet. Desk clerk quoted someone else for same type of room (as we checked in) and rate was $117! We had two seperate reservations at this property (June 13 & 14), but there was no problem keeping the same room both nights. There was no restaurant on property (except for free breakfast bar), but there were several within close proximity to the hotel (front desk had list and directions for guests) Hotel staff very friendly, we really enjoyed the extra special breakfast bar (including hot items) It was about a 30 minute drive to Hersheypark and the best location for our travels south (to Virginia) afterwards. This is the best Priceline property I've ever stayed at considering all factors and a terrific value for the dollar. Would stay here again in a heartbeat, great property! Would consider other Hampton Inns as well in the future!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]