Priceline Hotel: What's a good time to bid for October in Paris?

cheffip
By cheffip,
in

I have pretty firm plans in place for a European trip in October that would have me in Paris from October 2-5. Quite shocked at the Hotels.com etc prices of 4* hotels so I think Priceline would be the way to go. However my dates are also "Fashion Week" which seemed to cause problems for people bidding through this board in October 2011. How early on do you think I should start the bidding process? I would want a 4* in a central neighbourbood. If I got something like the Marriott Rive Gauche at the prices being reported here I would be very pleased ;)

Advice svp?

I have pretty firm plans in place... How early on do you think I should start the bidding process?

I'd start once your plans are firm... but not before then since your PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchase would be non-refundable. For on 'when to bid' see the related links in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Let us know once you're ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm still at the research stage for decidng what I want for the Oct 1-3 dates and am finding BB very helpful and am using your links to Hotwire and PL for part of my my research. I'll get back with more specific questions. However, I would appreciate your reply to my most recent question related to this trip on the Hotwire board. (CDG Oct 4). Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]