Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Trenton - Princeton (Princeton - Monmouth Junction) Hyatt Regency Princeton

Rawra
By Rawra,
in

Used a similar strategy as the last person who posted a win with this hotel. For some reason when posting this win, I couldn't get the "City Zone" to display "Princeton West", which is where I was bidding.

I originally offered $50 to the "Princeton West" area, 3.5*. I was counter-offered a $61 rate but was confident I could do better (thanks to all the posters here!); I added area #1, "Cookstown - Wrightstown" (only has 1 and 2 stars) and upped my bid slightly to $53, which was accepted! After all taxes and fees, the total is $68.38 (USD). Pretty cool!

Also - I was sure to use this forum's PRICELINE link! Thanks!

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and this property works well for your plans... it's one of my favorites in the area.

If you're looking for a VERY casual bar/restaurant, this place in the area is a throwback in time and is famous for their pizza which is very good:

Conte's Pizza

339 Witherspoon Street

Princeton, NJ 08540

609-921-8041

... of course if you're looking for something 'nicer' Princeton itself has loads of upscale restaurants (as well as Triumph Brewery and PJs Pancake House for breakfast).

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- we'll try to update the form's dropdown list to include 'Princeton West' this weekend when we update a few other locations which have changed zone names or boundaries. Thanks for letting us know.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Any breakfast recs?

... and PJs Pancake House for breakfast

I'm not a big breakfast person, but PJs is a local institution (154 Nassau St). Their menu is online and breakfast entrees range about $7-$10.

Hoagie Haven is another 'cheap eats' institution in the area, but there's no place to eat inside (and while 'very good', i think we have better subs in Hoboken).

You can confirm with the hotel as well, but they (used to at least) run a shuttle that would take you anywhere within an 'x' mile radius of the hotel... i'm almost certain they would go to PJs Pancake House, but you'll have to see if Conte's is within the acceptable radius.

Enjoy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]