Priceline Hotel: Need Tips for Priceline San Francisco Hotel

coder_t2
By coder_t2,
in

Hey guys, planning on doing a Name your Own Price from Priceline for a San Francisco hotel and Flight. This is my first time going to San Francisco, so I'm open to any tips people want to give. Should I consider any other areas than Union Square? Are Fisherman's wharf and Japan Town nice areas? I am planning on doing a lot sight seeing. My other question is, how can I make sure I get a Hotel with A/C? I am open to anything 3 stars and above, but noticed some 3 and 3.5 star hotels don't have hotel. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread with the dates of your stay and maximum budget (per nite before fees and taxes), we'll have a look at and comment on your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please start by reading your messages...
2x
Should I consider any other areas than Union Square? Are Fisherman's wharf and Japan Town nice areas?
Others more local to the area will likely comment further, but i think USE and USW will keep you the most centrally located. Fishermans Wharf is very touristy and may work well, but keep in mind that to access BART you'll need to take a cable car... Financial District may work for your needs as well.
My other question is, how can I make sure I get a Hotel with A/C? I am open to anything 3 stars and above, but noticed some 3 and 3.5 star hotels don't have hotel.
You would need to use HOTWIRE and hope you identify the hotel correctly. However, unless you hit a heat wave, i don't think you'll necessarily need A/C in San Francisco in March... using some historical weather tables the average temperature is about 60 degrees Farenheit.

I'd start researching the zones above and see if you feel they will work for your needs, and then make a decision regarding PRICELINE / HOTWIRE based upon your need for Air Conditioning.

Let us know what you decide and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I already read my messages.

You are right about the weather. From what I can tell it should be cool, and probably won't need an air conditioner. I'll start of by looking primarily in USE and USW and see if I can get the price I want. If not I'll start to include other areas, such as Fisherman's wharf and Financial District. Thanks.

At current prices i think you're going to need to be closer to your $140 limit then your $100 preference.

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know how high you're willing to go at this time and we'll advise accordingly.

Good luck! Keep us updated and let us know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I already read my messages.

You are right about the weather. From what I can tell it should be cool, and probably won't need an air conditioner. I'll start of by looking primarily in USE and USW and see if I can get the price I want. If not I'll start to include other areas, such as Fisherman's wharf and Financial District. Thanks.

I would try for bids in zone: 2 or 9, or 12 and 4 stars. I would avoid zone 13 [lots of hills and it gets close to some less desirable areas].I would not stay in Japantown, pretty removed from what most folks want to see and do while visiting SF. And you would have to take bus to get to almost every popular place.

Do yourself a favor and pass on staying in FW, it is a visit spot, not a stay spot.

SF has lots of conference in winter [ie March] so it might make it a bit harder.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]