Priceline Hotel: Daytona Beach Florida

RDscuba
By RDscuba,
in

Need help using Priceline for trip to Daytona Beach on 07/14/05 through 07/16/05 (2 nights). I am new to Priceline and have never attempted to use it before. I want 2 rooms (possibly 3 - will know later tonight for sure) with the highest star rating possible (looks to be 3 stars) on the beach.

Thanks in advance for any/all assistance!!

You have one re-bid zone available when bidding 3* in Daytona Beach. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zone with the board.

Select 3* Daytona Beach...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

If rejected wait 72 hours and increase your bids to $70 and $75 respectively.

If that is rejected there is a 3* (may be a little lower than Priceline's interpretation of a 3*... slight chance it may be the Oceanside Inn or the Inn on the Beach, but i am far from certain) available on Hotwire for $89/nite. Use the coupon code 'GIFTCARD06' at check-out to bring this down by $10/nite to $79/nite.

Any questions feel free to ask and please keep us updated as to your success/failaure.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful. We just stayed at Holiday Inn North recently. It is still a very nice hotel but there are lots of dumps all around it. We did not know just how badly Daytona was affected by the hurricanes last year til we began our search. We did not bid this time on Priceline because I read lots of terrible reviews of hotels on Trip Advisor. On both sides of the Holiday Inn hotels are either boarded up or only have a few rooms open. Only the chain hotels are open. The others are closed. If you go north to Ormond Beach, things are a lot nicer but the closer you get to the boardwalk the worse it gets.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]