Priceline Hotel: Need advice for well in advance booking in NYC 4* Jan 2012

gorilladan
By gorilladan,
in

My husband and I have booked a trip to New York city next January. We will be staying 13

nights 01/08/2012 to 01/21/2012.

We would like to book and pay for 4* accommodation in any of the following CPS, ME, MW, TS or HK areas of NYC.

We want to book and pay now while the Australian $ is so strong against te US$.

So far I have placed 10 bids using rebidding to get a feel for Priceline - bid up to $120 so far but not on all of the above zones yet.

Is it too far in advance to try and get a successful bid?

If I try this far in advance will I end up paying too much?

Am I better off waiting and hedging my bets - better offer re Aussie $ decreasing??

Is January supposed to have cheaper rates?

Looking at past successful bids I am hoping to pay no more than $130 - is this too tight arse??

I am happy to split the trip and stay at 2 or 3 different places if that will help my situation.

Thankyou very much

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Historically this is a slow time in NYC so I wouldn't rush this one, i think you're likely a bit early. IF you do want to get something done sooner rather than later, HOTWIRE does have a 3.5* hotel in the Chelsea zone with a 95% Hotwire user recommendation rating and a 4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating for $121/nite for your complete stay. While this property has not yet been identified, the reviews are quite good and i don't think you would have any issue in regards to quality with this property if you decided to book it.

However, as noted above, i think it's a little early to be making too many compromises in regards to exactly what you want, and i also take the position that you shouldn't rush a purchase based upon a currency move. If you're that confident that the dollar will strengthen against the aussie dollar then make a currency play in the futures markets where you can profit much more then by purchasing your hotel room early. :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 7 months later...

Can you please help Id what this hotel could possibly be.

4*

$97 per room per night

Downtown - SoHo - Financial District

Amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access

95% hotwire reviews reccommended

staying 7 nights in January Sat 1/14/12 to 1/21/12

Thankyou very much

Until a hotel is won for part of this trip, please keep all posts for this stay in the same thread (we'll move the thread to the HOTWIRE section fo the board if that is the service you ultimately use)

The Downtown property above matches previous reports for the Sheraton Tribeca so that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oops...a banana-peel.....:)

Sorry to interfer, but still.

I've been looking at the same hotel a few days earlier in January and I'm pretty sure it's Sheraton Tribeca.

The funny thing is that you'll never get the same rate if you search twice in a row on that hotel,

it's changing depending on the time of the say it seems, from $97 to $107!

Rgds

max

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]