Priceline Hotel: 4* Tampa (Airport South - Westshore) Intercontinental Tampa

Mirrasi
By Mirrasi,
in

Suggested areas near Busch Gardens?

I was looking on Hotwire and there really isn't much showing up near Busch Gardens. Is there another "area" that would be somewhat close (coming from Orlando)?

We're only going to be there one night 10/29/11. Mostly just looking for a clean place but I try to keep it 3 star or higher. Any suggestions on where to look?

Do you need, and are you searching for, more than double occupancy for this stay?

What is your target budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click this HOTWIRE link before replying)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, there are 5 of us (2 teenagers and a 5 year old). I'd like to keep it under $150 total so either one suite or 2 rooms. I assume with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE I'll have to go with 2 rooms. I've never used either of them before so I figured this would be a good time to try it. I just don't see much at all on that area. There was only one 3 star that came up on Hotwire. I don't know which other areas are close. I'd like to keep the drive to Busch Gardens around 10-15 min or less. I don't even really care that much about star rating since we are only there one night. But I definitely want a clean one so it makes me nervous going less than that.

Busch Gardens is just about 8 miles NE of Tampa. Play with the maps a bit for both Hotwire and Priceline Tampa, and figure out which of the areas/zones would work for you. I'd guess you don't want downtown Tampa, or the areas/zones south and west of that, but that still leaves several from which to choose.

Have you looked at the lists of hotels reported here? First posts in both the Florida - Priceline and Florida - Hotwire areas. That will give you an idea of the brands that people are getting at the different star levels.

And then there are the Hotel Reviews under the tab just above. They might help your comfort level a bit.

Romelle

What i'm guessing to be the Holiday Inn Express and Suites near Busch Gardens-USF is being offered on HOTWIRE for $62/nite when searching for 2rooms/2adults/3chidren... would this be of interest? Or you could try bidding on PRICELINE for a 3* hotel in a similar zone for less than $62.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hopefully I'm posting this right.

Need help IDing a 3* in the Disney Main Gate/Celebration area

Amenities:

Smoke Free

Fitness Center

Pool

Business Center

Laundry

Internet

Stay 1 night Oct. 28 - 2 adults, 2 kids...$28

ETA: I think I found it...Best Western or Baymont Inn. I had searched before and missed it.

Got 2 rooms for one night (10/28/11) for $50 each at the 4* Intercontinental Hotel in Tampa Westshore.

Went to PRICELINE through the link here. :) Started at $45, got declined. Then added the Busch Gardens area for $48, got declined. Then added another area (I think it was area #7 east) at $50 and got accepted. I used 4 star the entire time and since Westshore was the only area with a 4*, I finally got in. :)

We are just planning to go to Busch Gardens and were going to stay there, but the reviews of hotels in the area put me off. Decided to drive a bit further for something better. Very excited to go!

Thanks to the whole board for being a huge help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]