Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago North Shore (Deerfield) Marriott Deerfield Suites

Undefined
By Undefined,
in

Won by bidding in the 3.5* region in increments of 3$.

Staying between the 14th - 17th, with a car. Originally wanted one night in the North Shore (need to be there on Friday night/Saturday morning) and two nights downtown, but couldn't get anything at up to 140$ in downtown Chicago between 15-17. Decided to take two nights in the suburb and one night downtown instead.

What is the area like? I'm there with my wife/kid, but ditching them Saturday morning. Any chance they'll have something to do?

Will post a second item for my other priceline hotel win (Hyatt Regency Chicago @ 80$).

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice deal for this property, which I've stayed at a couple of times in the past and (in my experience, at least) have liked quite a bit. The suites are definitely on the large side. There really isn't anything directly around the hotel, but there are a lot of options in the area. The only issue is that it's really hard to get around to much at all without a car. Are they just looking for something to do for the morning? What kind of things would they like to do? Please let me know any questions and I'd be happy to help.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks, good to hear about the size. Honestly, I was just checking to see if there was anything to do that would keep them from waiting on me. If there's nothing, its not a big deal - still happy with the place.

But since you mention it, if there's anything somewhat close by - driving distance that I could drop them off for the morning - let know of recommendations...

The Chicago Botanic Gardens (which is pretty big and rather beautiful in the Fall) is probably a 15-17 minute drive away (chicagobotanic.org) There is a $20 parking fee, but if you dropped them off on the side street across the street of the front gate on Lake Cook, they could walk in and there's no admission fee and you'd avoid the parking fee. There's 385 acres and 24 gardens, as well as indoor exhibits and a cafe, so definitely a couple of hours worth of strolling.

You can see detailed pictures and more information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Botanic_Garden

Long Grove (http://www.longgroveonline.com/) is a very nice/quaint historic town nearby, but I just don't think there's enough to do for a whole morning. Vernon Hills to the North of town has tons of malls along route 60 (starting at around rt 60 and Milwaukee and heading West on 60), but again, it's a little tough to get from place-to-place w/o a car, unfortunately.

Again, definitely a nice area, but unfortunately, it's not walkable and really kind of requires a car. Definitely ask if you have any other questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]