Priceline Hotel: Honeymoon 9/26-9/30 Honolulu Bidding Help

injdog
By injdog,
in

I am planning my honeymoon. Last minute I know, but would like some bidding advice for honolulu 4* minimum from 9/26-9/30. Would like to keep it under $100 if possible. I do have $5/night bonus cash. I also have a $20 bonus cash on a stay of 3 or more nights, but will be saving that for my stay in Maui from 9/30-10/3 which I will post in a different thread.

First time in Hawaii, so I'm not sure what area is best. I am planning on renting a car so I don't think it will matter much.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

I'm not sure what your plans are during this leg of your trip, but i'd suggest sticking with the Waikiki Beach, City Central and Marina areas... this will at least keep you near the central area and Waikiki Beach (unless you have plans to spend most of your time in another part of the island)

If these zones are acceptable, at the 4* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (NOTE: Ko Olina is not a re-bid zone)

Select 4* Waikiki Beach and City Center...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Waikiki Beach and Marina...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Waikiki Beach, City Central, and Marina...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

PS- Please note that you can still use your Bonus Cash along with the board's PRICELINE links as follows...

1) click the PRICELINE link on the board

2) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

3) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the fast response. I recently checked out the 4* Oahu (Waikiki Marina) Hawaii Prince Hotel on tripadvisor. This is not the 4* Hotel I'd had in mind. Looks a little more dated than I'd like. This will not work especially for a honeymoon. Is there any way I can avoid getting this hotel? I would be willing to stretch my budget by as much as $35-$50 to ensure I get a nicer hotel.

As always, I'll use the links on the board to make my purchase.

As always, I'll use the links on the board to make my purchase.
Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your searches too! (please click these links before replying)
Is there any way I can avoid getting this hotel?
Don't include the Marina zone in your bidding... but i do think this was one of your better chances of receiving something under $100/nite.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]