Priceline Hotel: 3* Madison (East) Crowne Plaza

Blackmagic
By Blackmagic,
in

We decided at the last minute to go see the the giant but malodorous titan arum . Tried an unsucessful strategy to get the Radisson in the West zone using the link at the SavingsBarn as follows:

Bid 3* West $35 - rejected,

added 3* South as free rebid zone at $42 - rejected,

added 3* East at $48 and got the Crowne Plaza.

We're happy with the CP as it is a very nice hotel but I really wanted to try a Priceline hotel in the Middleton (west) area. The state girls softball tournament is in Madison this weekend also on the west side of Madison, and our local high school team is defending the state title they won for the first time last year, so we'll be taking that in as well, thus we were hoping for a hotel in the west zone.

The last bid in my "strategy" was going to add "Downtown" at $55 and if that had failed, I'd go to Hotwire which had what I thought might be above Radisson at $61. Is there anything I could have done to improve on my "strategy"? If there was more than one hotel willing to sell me a room for $48, how does Priceline choose the hotel that we get? Perhaps I should have ignored the past wins of the Radisson in the $35 range and started a little higher with my first bid in the west zone?

If these questions are not appropriate for this part of "BetterBidding", just remove them from the post, I'll understand! I'm just trying to get better at this.

Thanks for a great service!

Is there anything I could have done to improve on my "strategy"?

Asking for help is always the best start to a good strategy that you are not sure of :)

Without looking at prices for your dates, a general better strategy would have been:

3* West

add re-bid zone

(new bid screen)

3* East

add re-bid zone

(new bid screen)

3* East and 3* West

add re-bid zone

If two hotels have the same price loaded the 'win' goes to whoever does more business with Priceline.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]