Priceline Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip North) Treasure Island

604girly
By 604girly,
in

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I tried $55 and got rejected for Aug 12-15 for Strip North because I know there is only treasure island and mirage. I am willing to raise the price but which area is okay to add for rebidding 4 star? I dont want to end up with another location off strip. Also, I dont want Strip South because of the 4 star hotels on that side.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and ask your friend to do the same)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FOUR re-bid zones (SUMMERLIN is NOT one of them)

You need to know how to check your re-bid zones on your own as they need to be checked before every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since you last checked (new hotels can be added at any time and upgrades/downgrades occur often).

Using the following method described in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, see if can determine your FOUR re-bid zones (NOTE: Summerlin is not one of them):

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is as follows:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter {your city} and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone in the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

Confirm your re-bid zones with the board and we'll take it from there. If you're confused by the above just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Also, i think a 5* in the South Strip may not cost you much more than a 4* in the North Strip zone... any interest in a 5* in the South Strip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$70 still didnt work

For the bidding it comes up with a long list of zones but for the search bar (las vegas) typed I dont get to check all these zones to see what hotels are there. I dont know what I am doing wrong I cant see all the zones when i look up las vegas hotels.

for rebidding

1.boulder highway strip?

which other 3 are ok for rebidding 4 star? please PM if its a secret :)

These are the ones I can see when I look up for actual prices and stars

Las vegas (all areas

East of strip

Last vegas strip

West of strip

Fremount st downtown area

North las vegas

Henderson lake las vegas

Boulder highway strip

These are the selectable areas for bidding

Boulder Strip

Fremont St. Vicinity

Henderson

Lake Las Vegas

Las Vegas Airport (LAS)

Las Vegas Convention Center

Las Vegas Strip North

Las Vegas Strip Vicinity North - Condo

Las Vegas Strip Vicinity South

Mount Charleston - Indian Springs

NW Las Vegas

Near Las Vegas Strip East

Near Las Vegas Strip West

Nellis - Las Vegas Speedway

Summerlin

The re-bid zones can/do change, which is why you need to know how to check yourself since they should be confirmed before every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since the last time you checked. If you don't know how to confirm yourself, and we tell you that ZoneA is fine to bid, and later that nite (or the following week) when you bid it is no longer a re-bid zone... then you end up in an area you didn't intend :) Better to take a few minutes to explain it to avoid any mishaps down the road, as well as give you a foundation for any bidding you want to do in the future in other areas.

The 'problem' you're having is that you're trying to use the retail version of PRICELINE to determine your re-bid zones, which is not correct. Using the second list of zones that you posted (easily accessed using the PRICELINE search box on the top right corner of the board) click the first zone Boulder Strip, then scroll down the page to STEP 2... do you see that some star levels are clickable while others are grayed out? Note the highest star rating that is selectable. Next UNCHECK Boulder Strip and place a checkmark in the next zone, Fremont St Vicinity, then scroll down and note the highest star rating selectable, and write it down. Go thru the entire list of zones, noting the highest star level available in each zone and making sure that only one zone is selected at a time.

Hopefully the above breaks it down a but more for you, but if any questions remain feel free to ask. One additional thing to take note... although 'Resorts' are listed under 1* in the star rating list, they should be considered 4.5* in the hierarchy of determining the highest star rating in the zone.

Let us know how you make out.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks for all your help. Now I understand how to look at the star rating myself. I was wondering for the longest time.

I confused myself the whole time clicking on your link word (PRICELINE) and input on the upper right. I was thinking to myself maybe price line moved the box and the instruction was not up to date.

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter {your city} and your dates, and click "GO".

UPDATE

no luck with $75, $78, $80, $82 basically the highest I would go for a 4*

$82 offer after taxes and fees = $287.19 priceline

I booked from the actual TI website for $335 after taxes fully refundable.

I am going to continue bidding at $75 a couple more times.

THANKS AGAIN!!

Glad you figured out the re-bidding :)

Always double check your re-bid zones just before bidding to make sure nothing has changed since you last checked.

keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]