Priceline Hotel: Kids in D.C.

momoffive
By momoffive,
in

Hi,

Wondering if you can tell me what regions I would want to select if we follow the itinerary pasted below. Dates are Aug 11 thru Aug 17 next week. Taking our 11- and 9- yr- old. I'm not too attached to this itinerary--just one I pulled off Disney vacations, so flexible. Would love your tips on finding great hotels for a family of four for a 5-day trip thru D.C., Williamsburg and Jamestown. I usually select 4* hotels, although sometimes Residence Inn type hotels that serve a hot breakfast are a nice alternative. Prefer classic, traditional boutique hotels, but I think you have to know a region really well to get that picky with Priceline or Hotline. Any input you have to offer will be helpful. We leave Thursday and I haven't booked anything yet, so getting very nervous.

At A glance:

Explore D. C. via bike

(Renaissance Mayflower hotel is where the Disney group stays)

Day 2:

Iwo Jima

Arlington Cemetary

Columbia Island Marina

Smithsonian

Day 3:

Mount Vernon

Lunch at Mt Vernon Inn

National Mall

International Spy Museum

Day 4:

Jamestown, VA

The Great Wolf Lodge

Day 5:

Colonial Williamsburg

Lunch at King's Arm Tavern

Afternoon in Williamsburg

OK, I clicked on both links. I did some research and decided it's better to just stay local (not try to go to Williamsburg). So, maybe all six nights at a place like the Mayflower Renaissance, or maybe 4 nights near the White House, and 2 nights elsewhere that we could take mass transit or a cab to? Like Old Town Alexandria? I like the looks of the Omni Shoreham, but can't tell if it's too far away from main tourist attractions. Having never been there, it's hard to know. People are getting the Mayflower for $115 on 8/8/11 or some date near that. Ack. Getting so nervous. Need to get this booked. We leave Thursday morning.

I've been researching some more tonight. The Omni Shoreham looks like a great option. (Woodley Park, I think.) Since I care about getting the specific hotel, I'm guessing you'll tell me to just book it on PL for $143/nite. I see someone got it for $117, but it looks like there are one or two other four stars in that region that I could get instead if I bid something like $125. Probably not worth the risk. Let me know if you agree.

If the $143 rate is thru the 'retail' product where you're shown the name of the hotel before purchase, then yes, if this is the hotel you want and are not willing to accept any hotel in the zone, then you'll need to purchase thru non-opaque means (ie- where the name is shown before purchase)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

Can you please check your PRICELINE history (thru the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link at the top right of their home page) and confirm the price paid so we can edit the topic title accordingly to reflect your purchase.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]