Priceline Hotel: Help?! I think I made a mistake

Autumn96
By Autumn96,
in

As stated in another thread, I needed accomadations for June 14th -16th for Orlando (along with a longer stay (19th -29th, I haven't tried yet and will probably use Hotwire). I was planning on making it a cheap stay and bidding through priceline for a 2 or 3* hotel. When I went to bid, remembering a post where someone got the Hyatt grand cypress for only $50, I decided what the heck and bid for a resort for those 2 days at that price. I didn't expect to get it, and I didn't (I tried $55 also using only one freebid zone). Now going back to my original plan of bidding for a 2 or 3* for much less, I realized that I don't know if I can do that and lower the amount of my bid. I am stuck waiting the 72 hours to try rebidding?

If I am stuck waiting, can I use someone else's credit card to rebid with, or must the same person who bids also check into the hotel?

Help?

1) As long as you choose a lower star level you can bid any new amount you wish.

2)The name on the credit card is irrelevant. Just make sure the person checking in is the name you enter for the name of the guest. I use a card with another name for all my stays, I just put myself as the person who will be checking in.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you!

I want a nicer hotel for my longer stay.. but for the first 2 days I thought we'd make do. The airfare was better on the 14th (for a direct flight), and since we have annual passes, the extra cost is really only food and the hotel (and whatever souvenirs I can't get out of my daughter's clutching hands).

I will post when I get a winning bid.

Thank you again :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]