Hotwire Hotel: Chicago Loop near end of August?

TraceyMc
By TraceyMc,
in

Just a couple of weeks ago I did a search on Hotwire for Chicago Loop-area hotels for 8/25-8/28 and got a handful of choices. Tonight I did the same search and came up with only one, apparently the Crowne Plaza, which is not within walking distance of John Marshall Law School.

Chicago experts, should I broaden my search beyond just the Loop? Should I have jumped on the Hotel Burnham a couple of weeks ago when I had the chance?

John Marshall Law School is conveniently located in the South-ish Loop just off State and Jackson. Staying in the Loop would be most convenient in terms of walking, but if you stayed North of the River, you could take the "L".

Additionally, what is a desirable "walking distance" - I see what appears to be a possible match for the Swissotel on HOTWIRE; that's a longer trek to the Law School, but while it's a long walk, it's a nice walk, much of which is down Michigan Ave, past Millennium Park and the Art Institute. Walking from the area North of the River to parts of the Loop is a longer walk technically, but it doesn't feel as long, especially with some of the more scenic routes.

I also like the Renaissance Chicago for $135 on sale via Expedia, and would recommend that in this case.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]