Priceline Hotel: Bidding strategy 3* JFK

camii40
By camii40,
in

i have used this site many times to book hotels - so thank you

we are travelling to ny sept 6th, flying to dublin out of jfk, coming home the 16th and need hotel roms for both those nights. 6th and 16th

i think if i am correct that the best bet for clean well priced accomodations are in the 3* range - priceline jfk. what i need to know is what are the rebid zones i can use that have no 3*'s in them so i can be assured to get something in the jfk area.

i think elmhurst is one (but i am not certain how updated the ny hotel sticky is)

thanks for your help :)

As per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List you DON'T want to use the hotel lists to determine your re-bid zones. See this thread, Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, and see if you can determine your THREE re-bid zones available at the 3* level.

Also, so you're prepared, note that the majority of hotels in the JFK area not well reviewed, so chances are that you shouldn't expect too much from these stays.

Start with the re-bid info and confirm your re-bid zones with the board... then let us know your expected budget and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, you've got it this time. If you click on the blue PRICELINE at the top right of this page, it will take you straight to bidding. You can just put "jfk in the city box.

Always a good idea to double check those free rebid zones just before bidding though.

Romelle

PS - I hope you post your results back. I've got a similar situation this November.

Please use separate threads for each leg of your stay. We'll use this thread for your Sept 6 stay, please start a NEW TOPIC for your Sept 16th stay. For 9/16...

At the 3* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

With time on your side i would begin with the following:

Select 3* JFK...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask. Don't be discouraged if the above is rejected as these bids are a little low for these dates, and we'll just bottom fishing at the moment hoping to get lucky.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow you can increase each bid by $5...

selected 3* JFK

Bid $100, rejected, add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, rejected, add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, rejected, add re-bid zone...

Bid $115

Good luck.

so after rechecking the reviews of the hotels in the 3* price range i see that one of them has bedbugs. with MY luck THAT is the hotel i will end up winning :)

so i am just going to search for some hotels in the area with ok reviews and book with them. off rack pricing of course :)

thanks for your help, alas jfk and priceline were just not meant to be

• 1 year later...

Thanx for the follow-up and closing this thread. Please remember to always follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please check for and use the links in our Support Page whenever possible for your non-opaque purchases, as we have links there to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]