Hotwire Hotel: 4* Denver (Westminster-Broomfield) Omni Interlocken Resort

nico_suave
By nico_suave,
in

Trip details

Omni Interlocken Resort

Amenities - Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Golf Nearby

Recommended by 95% of Hotwire users.

Rate per night: $91.00

Nights: 1

Rooms: 1

Tax recovery charges & fees: $19.66

Subtotal: $110.67

Trip total: $110.67

Date booked: Sun, Jul 10, 2011 (same-day booking)

Based upon Betterbidding's Hotwire list, I basically understood that this 4 star property, in this zone, with these 6 amenities, could be either the Westin Westminster or the Omni. I wanted the Omni because I wanted to spend the day at the swimming pool with my little girl. On the Hotel's own website's I could see both hotel's pools, and it seemed clear that the Omni's was nicer. I also like the vibe of these off-on-their-own Omni properties.

The first time I checked Hotwire, It came up with a 4-star in the Westminster-Broomfield zone with this identical list of 6 amenities, but it had "only" been recommended by 90% of Hotwire travelers. After that session expired, I redid the same search (using this site's HOTWIRE link) and came up with what looked like the exact same Westminster-Broomfield 4-star property, with an identical list of 6 amenities,... but this time it had been recommended by 95% of Hotwire travelers. Based upon the avg. guest ratings at Hotels.com (where the Westin scores a 4.4 and the Omni a 4.7), I suspected that change from 90% to 95% might signal a change from the Westin to the Omni, so I booked it. And I was correct this time. It was the Omni. And my family loved it. We had a fabulous, relaxing time. It really felt like a vacation for the 24 hours we were there.

(NOTE: right now, when I check the Westminster-Broomfield hotwire hotels for next Sunday night, I get the exact same 6 amenities again, but this time it says the are "Still gathering reviews on this property." I don't know what that could mean, regarding the Westin or Omni)

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to hear you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you had a great time with your family.

HOTWIRE often fluctuates the percent recommended a little bit from search to search, and even sometimes reverts to 'still gathering reviews', all for the same hotel, so i wouldn't read too much into the 90%, 95% or the 'still gather reviews'... these may all be the same property OR it could be a different one, this information is not a reliable indicator for trying to predict hotels.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh, I didn't know a Hotwire hotel's "% Recommended" fluctuated even without new reviews coming in. You're saying its very possible that all 3 times I searched (90%, then 95%, then "still gathering reviews") it was the Omni that came up?

When the % recommended is low (below 75%), I stay away. And when its 100% or 95% for something in my desired area & price range, my interest is piqued.

I expect that, within the fluctuations of each hotel, the "% recommended" never fluctuates higher than the actual percentage (except maybe through rounding). Is that what you understand to be the case? And do you know how much fluctuation can happen with a single property? (5%? 10%?)

Thanks for educating me about this.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]