Priceline Hotel: Did Priceline add a new zone or am I missing something?

rachael_9667
By rachael_9667,
in

:) So confused - I looked at the hotel list and tried to determine what area of their bidding zones around St. Louis would be closest/cheapest and determined a couple zones but when I went into P/L to do a search I decided to type in Eureka, MO since that is technically where we needed to be for Six Flags St Louis and it gave me one zone: Eureka, MO. I went back to the hotel list we have here thinking I must have missed something but couldn't find any mention. Used the search function and all I came up with is Eureka, CA. Hated to even start bidding in the dark. Did they add a new zone or have I missed something obvious?

Hi Aaron!

I put the dates in the subject line but forgot to mention in the body - I'm looking at July 10-16th that's why I'm freaking out a little. I don't have the time to spin the wheel like I usually would. They show hotels in the 3 star and below range. When I looked on TA I only saw 2 hotels listed for Eureka and P/L lists 3: The Holiday Inn which is the 3 star but the other 2 they list in Eureka are both 1 star (Americas Best Inn & Super 8). I widened a search on TA to 5 miles from Allenton and it included Pacific, MO which brings up a 2.5 star (TA's star rating) Comfort Inn and a 2 star Quality Inn also in Pacific. Do you think it's safe to assume that those are the hotels that P/L includes in that zone? I don't see where any other hotels even exist in that area.

This isn't a high traffic area for the board, and with so few hotel in the zone, it's not that surprising that we haven't seen a win here yet.

Nobody can say for certain all hotels PRICELINE may work with in a given area, but besides the 3* Holiday Inn in Eureka, i'm aware of the America's Best Inn, Motel 6 and Super 8.

Is the purpose of this trip to go to Six Flags? If so, is that what you're doing each day for the entire trip or will you also be heading to St Louis and other surrounding areas?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yup, going to Six FLags St. Louis the entire time. I'm surprised that based on the proximity to the theme park that more people haven't encountered this zone or that it isn't more popular. *shrugs*

Anywho, I don't think we'll make it to the Zoo or Magic House this trip but if so, would you recommend a different area to look in?

Oh and I think the Motel 6 is now America's Best Inn based on the reviews at Trip Advisor maybe.

I always start my searches with the PRICELINE links here. :)

Had other people in the traveling party try to bid as well - they bid up to $75 for a 2 1/2 star and $80 on a 3 star changing the dates up and back but still rejected. Will keep you updated but I guess we may need to think about staying in Fenton or someplace like that and just driving the 15+ miles there and back.

I'm not that familiar with this area, but it looks ilke the next closest areas are Fenton-Kirkwood, St. Louis South, and St. Louis West-Chesterfield.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board, please ask your friends who are also bidding to do the same.

Thanks. Keep us updated and let us know how we can further assist.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yup, buddy I think you did pretty good. There are no other hotels with the same star level in that area so I bet their prices stay high. I'm guessing you could have probably got it for around a hundred bucks but you really didn't have a lot of time to mess with it so I'd say you got a good deal for the time frame you needed! (and you saved me lots of time so thanks lol)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been planning our Six Flags trip, as well. I've pretty much decided to just go with staying at the Drury Inn in Fenton or Arnold. Both hotels can be reserved for $75 or so, depending on the day, AND you get a free hot breakfast and dinner (called a "Manager's reception" but is really dinner for us). We've always had great stays at Drury's, so I think this will be our plan. It's a bit more driving, but worth it, imo.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]