Priceline Hotel: Looking for 3.5* or 4* in NYC for 6/20/11-6/23/11

kershawrulz
By kershawrulz,
in

I'm new here, looking for tips for finding something nice anywhere in Manhattan for 6/20 thru 6/23. I've tried targeting the Sheraton Hotel and Towers, the Helmsley, and the Hudson, and haven't had any luck bidding as high as $190 late last night. Are there other properties I should be looking to target? (By target I mean start with my low bid around them and add other zones as I increase my bid slightly.)

I'd be willing to go down to 3* I suppose, but I do like having the option of room service. I wouldn't really want to spend over $150 on a 3*.

I'd be willing to pay up to $200 for a 4* or maybe even a 3.5*, but I'm still hoping to find something considerably lower, as I have every other time I've booked a hotel in NYC through Priceline.

I don't recall what I did exactly because I did so many searches. I was starting out in MTW and MTE, adding CPS and all the areas around in order of proximity to midtown. The last ones I'd add would be Upper Westside, Upper Eastside, and SoHo. So I'm pretty sure I had most of Manhattan covered when bidding $190 and I was leaving out maybe some of those last three. I'm pretty sure I tried bidding up to $190 with both 4* and 3.5*.

Anywhere in Manhattan is acceptable, 3.5* or 4* would be ideal but 3* could work too.

One thing I did with my 3.5* and 4* searches is I'd run through some lower bids once and then I'd do them all over again (continuing to slightly increase my bid from where I left off) but including Long Island, under the assumption that there are no 3.5* and 4* hotels there, so as to not have to wait 24 hours.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The 3* Chelsea property above matches reports for both the Holiday Inn Sixth Ave and the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea, while the 3.5* MTC property is consistent with the Hotel Manhattan at Times Square. However, i'll add that PRICELINE and HOTWIRE often don't rate properties the same and/or have different zone boundaries, so if you decide to try PRICELINE for a better price, you won't necessarily be bidding on these particular properties (and these amenities are quite common for the area)

Anywhere in Manhattan is acceptable, 3.5* or 4* would be ideal but 3* could work too.
As you're discouvering, rates are fairly high for this segment of your trip. Currently, i'm guessing you're looking at mid-$200 for a 3.5*/4* and perhaps just over $200 for a 3*. How high are you willing to bid for a 3.5* before lowering your star rating to 3*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]