Priceline Hotel: Visiting Boston weekend of July 8-11..not familiar with area

kevcon65
By kevcon65,
in

I have used Priceline a lot but not familiar with Boston area. Will be in Boston the weekend of July 8-11. I am a history buff and excited for that aspect of Boston. I also want to catch a game at Fenway. Would like a 3.5 or 4 star near public transportation of walking distance of downtown. What area should I target and where should I start my bidding? Thanks for any help...

I think the Copley Square Theatre District is the best area since all of the 3.5 and 4 star hotels in this area are very close to public transportation. This is also an extremely safe area where you can walk late at night. I have walked in Copley Square after 10 at night and it was fine. There are usually others outside walking till at least midnight. Not to mention all the great shopping, restaurants, and historic buildings in this area.

I am now trying to book a vacation in July for this very area. I think it matters when you going to visit, since peak high vacation times are going to be more expensive. A lot of people on priceline have gotten rooms for $95 to $105 but I don't think you will be able to due to the time of year. I signed up yesterday for bidding alerts which basically means whenever someone wins a bid in the area I select with the price point I input, I am notified whenever anyone wins a room for this amount or lower. Yesterday someone won a room for $120 a night, so I think this is a good starting point. Probably something in the area of $130 a night or more may end up being the case.

kevcon65,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link... then reply to this thread letting us know your expected budget (per nite before fees and taxes) and we'll have a look at your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have used Priceline a lot but not familiar with Boston area. Will be in Boston the weekend of July 8-11. I am a history buff and excited for that aspect of Boston. I also want to catch a game at Fenway. Would like a 3.5 or 4 star near public transportation of walking distance of downtown. What area should I target and where should I start my bidding? Thanks for any help...

The Copley Square or Quincy Market areas are both good choices. Every hotel from 3* up in Copley and all the 4* in Quincy Market. Transportation is very easy in Boston whether you are walking or taking the "T". You will have easy access from both these locations. The Quincy Market area will put you closer to the waterfront/aquarium, the North End (Italian) and points along the Freedom Trail. The Copley Square area will put you in the heart of shopping and closer to Fenway. Regardless of where you stay, you are not far from anything. If you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them.

As for prices, if you look at some advance purchase prices on hotel websites, they are not too bad. For example, The Radisson is offering an advance purchase room for $591.30 total for the dates you are looking at.

I also see that someone has won the Sheraton Copley Square/Theater District for one of the nights at $95. This hotel is right in the Theater District (small district, not like NYC). It is close to Chinatown with access to the Orange line and only one block south of Boston Common (Red and Green lines).

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I am travelling to Boston on the same weekend. I usually don't stay in the city unless I don't have my car with me because the price of parking is unpredictable. This time I will have my car but I also think it might be nice for me to break from my policy and stay in the city. What would a typical parking garage rate be (hotel or independent garage). I am also considering Cambridge or Somerville.

Please remember to follow-up your priceline and hotwire hotel threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay so that the information can best help others.

Also, it sounds as if you travel to this area frequently, if you're using PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, it would be appreciated if you begin to share your wins with the board (again, so the information can help others)

This public garage has been mentioned a few times as having decent rates, with a maximum of $27 per day, but you might be able to do better by shopping the area OR if you're dates are over the weekend.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]