Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orlando (Lake Buena Vista-Downtown Disney) Hyatt Grand Cypress

lisaaarrghh
By lisaaarrghh,
in

I am a Newbie to Priceline. I have never been to Orlando, but I have the following suggestions on finding price ranges from the web page you are currently on:

1. At the top of the forum you will see "***NEW BOARD FEATURE: Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins". Once you are on that page enter a range of dates for "Florida - Priceline". If you don't see anything for your particular dates you can also look at the previous year.

2. At the top forum you will see a Quick Search. Enter "Orlando Disney" next to the "Search" button. This option searches the Priceline and Hotwire forums.

When you are on the "Priceline - Florida" forum web page:

3. At the bottom of the forum enter "Orlando Disney" next to the "Search Forum" button.

The experts may have other suggestions for you. Good luck.

A start would be to search HOTWIRE and see prices there, but as each service uses their own criteria to rate hotels, it's not always an apples-to-apples comparison.

As well, without a car, how do you intend to get to the park(s) each day? If depending upon a hotel shuttle you may want to use HOTWIRE, while it may cost you a little more than PRICELINE, you'll at least be able to take an educated guess as to the hotel being offered and therefore know your transportation options beforehand.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi- to get started, I looked at Expedia aarp rates. They have the Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista- for $49. and has a free shuttle to the parks.

The LBV area is good for Disney. If you don't have a car- be sure to figure in transportation costs with your bid- you will not be guaranteed

a hotel with free shuttles.

Hi all

Many thanks for your help. I ended up taking the Hotwire offer for the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress for $102 each night. I know this is probably more than what I could have gotten by bidding on Priceline but it wasn't showing me 4* hotels in the LBV area for those dates so I thought I'll just go with it. It will also be the last leg of my trip so I thought I would end it on a high note :)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something which works well for your needs and you'll be able to look forward to ending your trip on a high note.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]