Priceline Hotel: Newbie Needs Help for Vegas 7/5-7/10 trip

GregClark
By GregClark,
in

I've never used priceline or hotwire before, but am seriously considering it for a trip I will be taking with my wife to Vegas from July 5-10, 2005.

I need to be on the south end of the strip, preferably at Mandalay Bay, Excalibur, or Luxor.

Any recommendations?

Best I've found so far is Excalibur for $533.83, for all 5 nights.

Can I do better?

Airfare I've found from PDX to LAS sits at $447.90 RT for 2 adults. I can fly anytime July 5 and July 10.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With both Pricline and HOTWIRE you can't designate which part of the strip you want to be located, only "the strip" as defined by how each service determines their zone boundaries.

Let us know if this is a 'deal breaker' for your or not and if you want to move forward.

Also, what is the nightly breakdown of the Excalibur? If you're willing to SPLIT YOUR STAY i think you can get some excellent deals at the Venetian for at least part of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If price is a factor than the Imperial Palace can be had for only $360 thru QUIKBOOK but this is not in the 'four corners' area that you wanted.

For the "four corners" your Excalibur deal seems ok, but i think there are better hotels to be had for the same amount of money elsewhere (and more centrally located).

I don't think you're comparing apples-to-apples since to use the opaque services (which often are not the best option in Vegas as discussed in this thread: PRICELINE LAS VEGAS) you need to be willing to stay anywhere on the strip, but in your non-opaque search you're only considering the south end of the strip... limited choices often limits your savings.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Hilton has some fantastic summer prices for Sunday thru Thursday at $49/nite. I think the weekend days you are looking for will be about $116/nite.

You need to book the $49 room by May 23 to get that rate.

I know you wanted the other end of the strip, but the Hilton is a Monorail stop if that helps. And if it just doesn't work for you you, maybe it'll help someone else.

I don't know how to book this thru savingsbarn.com, but maybe thereuare can update this post?

In the meantime you can use http://dir.travelzoo.com/Lodging.asp?intCa...ry=22&id=189384 for the $49 Sun-Thur nites and hilton.com for the Fri-Sat nites.

As thereuare mentioned: If you're willing to split your stay and wouldn't mind staying at a 5* property :) , the Venetian should be $99/night for the nights of the 5th, 6th, and 7th on Priceline. It's showing up as $116 on Hotwire for those nights, so you shouldn't have any problems w/ PL at $99.

You are taking your wife to Las Vegas after all... you wouldn't want to spend all 5 nights at the Excalibur would you? :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]