Priceline Hotel: Bidding for resort around Disney

hanjin1
By hanjin1,
in

Which zones, by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept and what is your maximum bid?

Please click this PRICELINE link, then reply to this thread with the information above, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm looking for the best way to get a resort around Disney. Should I first try the Maingate and LBV areas and if I get rejected add in areas like Orlando (Kissimmee) because they don't have resorts listed? Also my trip is on July 22 - 24.

Before i begin let me point out that a lot of the resorts can have "resort fees" and parking fees. For example add $30 to everynight you stay at the Omni. Be prepared with this in mind when you plan your budget. Some of the 4*s on priceline are equally as nice, if not nicer, and have much lower fees, something to consider.

Heres what you should do ( at least my opinion, ive done it a few times :) ) ....ok i have a few minutes so ill do a good deed and give you your own guide :

1st I like to log on Hotwire and see what they have and the going rates are in the area. This will give you a good idea on where you want to start bidding at and usually a pretty good idea on what you can expect to pay: Prices seem a little higher then average by maybe $10 or $15 a night:

Westin Imagine $87 (10 mins from disney but a great hotel with low fees)

Peabody Hotel $126

Omni Resort (your area) $111

Caribe Royal Suites (your area but I dont agree with the 4* rating) $101

2nd I like to check out Kayak, this step isnt needed but I like to check anyways. Maybe you will find a cheap published rate. In this area ive seen some or that are close to the hotwire rates:

Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort at WDW $107

Hilton WDW Hotel (only non disney hotel to get extended park hours, avg published is usually like $110, not super cheap but only $10 park, no resort fee and free disney park transport so you save that parking too if you dont have annual passes) $130

3rd Its time to start organizing your bids, time to log onto priceline.

Ok first as you know you need to find out what zones dont have your desired bidding catagory. With Resorts in Orlando you have the most Rebids since only 2 of the 13 zones have them. Now normally I would recommend taking $5 or $10 off the hotwire rate that you think is comparable in your case $111. So to me my max bid that makes it worth it to roll the dice on priceline (if i like the hotwire hotel) is $100. Now, i like to do $5 bid increments to be able to have a bigger range of bids. Some people like to use $2 or $3 but thats wasting rebids usually to me. So for every rebid you have take $5 off the $100. This takes you to $40. This is the number you start bidding with adding each zone until you win at $100 or less. Now you indicated you planned to start with both resort zones checked. Normally with limited rebids I wouldnt recc you doing that since bids are usually more valuable. but in this case I dont think it will hurt if you dont have a preference of one over the other and like both equally. By the way when you enter bids priceline likes to try to "sucker" you into paying more lots of times. They will put up warnings that you have little to no chance at your price and ask you to re-enter the bid. Ignore it and stay on the same bid amount. Or counter offer with a much higher number (a helpful hint at the most you will have to pay but usually can still get it less so dont take it!) Sometimes they will completely boot you out, just start over at the bid you left off on.

I really hope this makes sense and is helpful in your plans.

NOW start bidding using the PRICELINE link

PLEASE tell me how it turns out lol

I'm looking for the best way to get a resort around Disney. Should I first try the Maingate and LBV areas and if I get rejected add in areas like Orlando (Kissimmee) because they don't have resorts listed? Also my trip is on July 22 - 24.

sorry thereuare i spent like 20 minutes writing that guide i put up so didnt realize you had posted a request first.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]