Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (CPS) Loews Regency

pipp22
By pipp22,
in

I've taken some day trips to NYC from Philadelphia, but want to spend one night in Manhattan this time. I'm not picky about location or amenities - just looking for something reasonably priced. Also, I have never used Priceline. How exactly do I go about the bidding process? I browsed the forums a bit and saw people getting places for about $100-$150 with Priceline. Is this possible for one night? I briefly looked at the 2* hotels on the list here on the forums and they all looked really good to me....what is the difference between the * levels?

Thanks!

Place: Manhattan (any zone really)

Cost: $100-$150?

Time: 1 night (April 1-April 2)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We don't typically recommend the very low star rated hotels in NYC. While there may some which are satisfactory and meet your needs, there may be others which do not, and with PRICELINE / HOTWIRE you don't get to choose which type you will get :) However, ultimately it's your money and your trip, so you have to decide what you would like from this stay.

Your budget shouldn't be an issue... you may be able to get a 4* hotel centrally located in midtown for a bid of $150 or less... or what i believe to be the 3* Holiday Inn Midtown 57th St for ~$100 on HOTWIRE.

Let us know your thoughts in regards to fine tuning your desired star rating and budget and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I liked the downtown area after a few visits, and it seems that is a little cheaper that midtown? I noticed in some of your posts you mention subway distances --- which zones have the least hotels that are far from subways?

I'd probably like to get a 3-4* for $100-$125. This seems possible in Downtown from browsing the forums a bit. I'm not really sure how the bidding works though. If I select 3* does that bid for 3, 3.5, and 4? What other details are important?

Thanks!

--it looks like the Courtyard SoHo has been won for around $95 and it is 1 block from the subway. What other hotels may be won at this level? --edit

Please start by reading your messages.

The star rating you choose is the minimum that you're willing to accept, so bidding for 3* does look for 3.5*, 4*, Resort and 5* (if available).

While Downtown is often the least expensive zone, this isn't always the case, so if the lowest price is the most important factor then i would select all acceptable zones and let the one with the lowest price be the one which accepts your bid... if you want to stay Downtown over other zones, and are willing to pay more to be in that location, then you can start by bidding that zone on its own.

You might be able to get a 4* hotel for $125, or it's possible in one of the other Manhattan zone, but not a 'sure thing' at that price point... but there are 3.5*/3* hotels available within the $100-$125 price point if price is more important than zone.

Hard to advise proximity to the subway without a little more star rating information... for example, at the 4* level the MTE zone is usually a good one to bid, whereas at the 3.5* (and lower) levels there are 'known' hotels which can be a little too far east for many user as it can be a 15 minute walk to the subway.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]