Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Hyatt Century Plaza

YinYin
By YinYin,
in

Hi,

I am new to this forum and have been reading up on hotel bidding for L.A. I have never used PriceLine before.

I am interested in 5* but do not see any recent wins for Beverly Hills / West Hollywood area.

I want the hotel: 03/24/11 - 03/28/11

Any tips on how to bid (price wise) on PL?

Any idea how to "guess" which hotel I could be getting?

Thanks!

Yin

Hi thereuare,

thanks for your response!

It really depends on the hotel (because on the hotel listing, there are no 5* but only 4.5*), but I would like to pay around $150 or less, not sure if that is feasible. If, not, maybe it is better that I book a 4*. Is there any way for me to request a 4.5*?

I am not sure how to start bidding.

I just checked, and the only bidding options for Los Angeles right now are 5*, 4* and on down. Things change from time to time, but right now there isn't a 4.5* option.

To which "hotel listing" listing are you referring? There are 5* hotels on the retail side of PRICELINE including for your dates, and 5* hotels in the list people have reported here as wins.

Where are you stuck with starting bidding? Have you been on www.PRICELINE.com yet? If you haven't, that is the first step after you have a plan as to what you want to do. I'd suggest getting into it and taking it as far as you can, and then reporting back just where you are stuck. There is a Help function on the site too, with pretty good instructions.

Romelle

Hi all,

I just won a 4 night stay at the Hyatt Regency

Initially, I bid $95 for Hollywood which is where I ideally wanted to stay.. I added the 3 re-bid cities (culver, lawdale & redondo).. and I added BH & WeHo for a 5th bid of the day!!! (weird eh??)

$95: Hollywood

$100: +lawndale

$105: +culver

$110: +redondo

$115: +BH/WH

WIN! Hyatt Regency...

Now, I'd like to ask for suggestion on how to get around! We don't drive!!! :)

Thanks for all your help better bidding & PL!!

Hi,

sorry, I just realised I screwed up the subject title format & can't change it! Oops

Here are additional details for my reso:

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $115.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Room Subtotal: $460.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $77.88 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $537.88 (USD)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results. I'm not local to the area but hopefully somebody else will chime in with transportation options and how to best navigate the area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- no problem with the topic title, we've edited it accordingly :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Good win, we get that hotel a lot. The #4 and #704 Express buses run a block away from you on Santa Monica Blvd. These buses go from downtown to the beach. mta.net

"Downtown" Beverly Hills is about a mile away, a 20 minute walk, very pleasant. There's also a huge mall right next to your hotel with some surprisingly good dining options. Don't miss Clementine, a French-type bakery a few blocks from hotel for breakfast.

outshined & AaronJB,

thanks for both your help.. and YES I really appreciate the help re: location of our hotel, public transport and the bakery suggestion! No breakfast with this hotel, so I'll be sure to check it out!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Hope the weather will be warm enough so I can get a tan by the pool hehe!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]