Priceline Hotel: 4* and 3.5* - Rejected at $188

sweep27
By sweep27,
in

Looking for 4* or 3.5* hotel in NOLA for 5/5 to 5/8 (during jazz fest). I was rejected up to $188 beginning with $147 and going up about $10 each time and adding zones. I began with FQ, added Downtown, added Warehouse, added Garden District. Then finally added 3.5*. Still nada.

Other posts for jazz fest have said that the deals don't come until April, but I am a little concerned about waiting until that long. Maybe I should get a refundable reservation somewhere and keep trying PL to see if I can get a bigger/better deal?

Personally, I think it's always best - especially in situations like this - to book a back-up reservation for the time being (although definitely make sure to read the fine print to see if it's refundable) and hope that rates cool off as the dates get closer. Coupon code FROST11 may work for $10 off per night via Expedia, although there are date restrictions on that coupon and it may not be for travel further out into the Spring. Is there anything on HOTWIRE? What would be your desired max budget per night?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi, I did the other post about rejected bids from 4/28 - 5/2 jazzfest.... I'm still trying.

I did exactly what you were thinking....it was too "stressful" for me to not have accommodations (when I have airfare and KNOW i am going...)

while trying priceline.

So after searching around, i ended up reserving the Omni Garden via Hotels.com ... with a very reasonable cancellation policy.

The nights are different prices but it averages out to 200 per night which is way more than I want to pay, but we have something. Then I will keep trying priceline up until the cancellation date....and hope for deals/cheaper.

I also have 5 friends who have the starwood preferred credit card (they get friends to apply, and then get credit passed to one person for referring friends, for free nights) So they are using 2 free nights at the W , then Fri and Sat were sold out, so are moving to a suite at the windsor court across the street for a few nights, then back to the W. I know! a total pain, but for them with the free rooms and sharing with a group, it is only like 200$ for each of them for the entire stay..... Atleast 2 of them are on a super tight budget, so it works for them.

A third strategy I have "heard" but never used, where money is an issue, is to try splitting up the stay via priceline.

i.e. might be able to get a few nights at a low priceline rate, and then keep the more expensive hotel for the other nights.

I have never done it, but i might try it, if my Traveling Companion complains about the current price of Omni.

Just some thoughts, hope this was helpful, and Good luck!

Ended up doing a back-up reservation at the Hilton, which is not my fave, but it's a start. And will keep trying priceline for a bigger/better deal.

Subsequently, I did go back to priceline and got up to $202 for a 4 or 3.5 star. Still rejected.

thanks for the tips! hope you have a great time in NOLA!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]