Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Revere-Logan Airport BOS) Embassy Suites

nortica
By nortica,
in

Needed one room near Logan for the night of March 4. I bid on 4* and 3.5* (while 4* has always meant just Hyatt and Hilton, I have no idea what the 3.5* hotel at Logan would be -- does anyone know?) using free rebids up to $80 with no luck (I started getting "add $20" counteroffers at $75) and then dropped down to 2.5 star and started bidding at $65 and got accepted on first bid, with an upgrade to 3* Embassy Suites.

(I purposely skipped 3* and went straight to 2.5* because I like the 2.5* Courtyard and Hampton Inn better than the 3* Four Points by Sheraton and even though I know a 2.5* bid often gets upgraded to the Four Points, a 3* bid won't get downgraded to the Hampton Inn or Courtyard. This time, I was pleasantly rewarded with the Embassy Suites. It just feels wrong that the Embassy Suites and the Four Points can be considered the same star level in the Logan zone. The Embassy Suites has a big posh lobby, all suites with living rooms and kitchens, in great condition, modern shuttle van, close to Logan, with free hot made-to-order breakfasts and the Four Points is just so shabby -- reading the defensive TripAdvisor "management responses" gives an accurate view of the place.... but, alas, that's how it is. I feel I won this time!)

Used PRICELINE link for all bids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]