Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Mayfair-Soho) Holiday Inn Mayfair

hayes
By hayes,
in

First run, used the better bidding link, signed in and claimed the Priceline reward of 5.00 per night on name your own bid that I got in the e-mail last night.

Bid 4* in Bloomsbury - Marble Arch for 90.00 + priceline's 5.00 for a 95.00 total and this was not accepted.

Added Mayfair - Soho at same price. Not accepted.

Added Westminster and ncreased bid to 100.00 + priceline's 5.00 for 105.00 total. Not accepted.

Any one have any thought on next steps? I felt it was in range; am I way off?

Thanks in advance - this site is an amazing resource! :)

- hayes

You're close, but if you want to try again up to your budget you can do so as follows:

At the 4* level in London you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* (Bloomsbury-Marble Arch) and (Mayfair-Soho)

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Westminster

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* (Bloomsbury-Marble Arch) and (Mayfair-Soho) and Westminster

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you read the Priceline Re-Bidding Explained link provided above?

If so, and you're confused and/or still don't see your TWO re-bid zones at the 3* level, just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, just ran through the options again and then Priceline, instead of denying me, offered me a 'second bid' at 150.00 per night. I took it. I looked again for re-bid zones, but I didn't see them - not sure what I was missing, but I'll give it closer inspection next time.

So, I've ended up at the Holiday Inn London Mayfair for 4.7 and 4.8 - not my first choice and about 25.00 more than I wanted to spend BUT, I'm ok with it. I think the royal wedding later that month is a factor and I'm happy to know I have a reservation. Thanks so much for your help and I was able to book with the PRICELINE links here!

cheers,

hayes

While not your first choice of property, glad to see overall you're happy with the results given the circumstances and you're happy to have your arrangements taken care of.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]