Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial District) Club Quarters Wall St

Roserise
By Roserise,
in

Hi everybody! After several months accessing this board, finally I'll start my biddings for our honeymoon trip, so we need help! Well, our max budget is $130 , without tax. (ideally, $110 but I know is not easy) Date: 04/17/11 – 04/23/11.

Acceptable zones:

1) 4* hotels: Midtown east and west, ESB, CPS, Chelsea, Hell's Kitchen, MSG, TS, UWS.

2) 3.5* hotels: Midtown west, ESB, Chelsea, MSG, TS.

One doubt: Generally, the Downtown 4* hotels are distant from metro? If not, please include them in the bidding strategy which i'll follow through the links on this board!

I've been bidding the past couple of days for the dates of 4/6/2011-4/9/2011 unsucessfully on 3.5 stars.

Zones I've bid on up to $170:

MTW, MTE, MSG, TS, CPS

At $155 I was offered in those zones a hotel at $195. I passed and kept increasing at $5 increments. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. I've pondered waiting a couple of months and seeing if there is any change, or just pulling the trigger at some price around $190+taxes/fees.

Also, Coney Island, Long Island, and Upper East don't offer better than 3 stars, so you can use those to keep upping your offer if you're bidding at a 3.5* or better.

HOTWIRE has a 4* for $159 in the ESB, but I can't verify which one it is as the only amenity it lists is HIGH SPEED INTERNET. If I do it for just the first or the last night I believe it is giving me the St Giles The Court, but in a block of 3 nights it's only showing the HS internet. Not sure that would matter to you at all.

I realize that these are not your dates, but close to the time period, and may give some guidance? Good luck.

Good evening and Welcome to Betterbidding (and Happy Honeymoon!). :)

While $110 is probably going to be difficult for these days, I think it's worth at least giving the $110-130 range a try, especially this far in advance. I wouldn't recommend waiting, personally - what I would recommend is to set a flexible ceiling and then move the ceiling up as the weeks go by, but continually trying (once a week or so) to see if inventory does appear within your price range.

I wouldn't recommend UWS or Downtown unless it came down to a last option - I'd recommend focusing on the main midtown areas.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Generally, the Downtown 4* hotels are distant from metro? If not, please include them in the bidding strategy which i'll follow through the links on this board!

It's not that the hotels are far from the subway, but more so that unless most of your plans are in the Downtown area, you're looking at ~20 minute subway ride towards midtown each time you need t head up there (which will likely be often)... it can be worthwhile if you get the right price, but typically not ideal, imo.

I'd agree that it may be a little too early to include Downtown in your bidding, but it's up to you, as it may be something to consider if budget is more important than convenience (as Downtown is often a little less expensive than midtown... although it would need to be moderately less expensive to make staying Downtown worthwhile, imo)

Also, did you want to go up to $130 for a 4* hotel first, then if rejected start over for a 3.5* up to $130... is that the gameplan? Please confirm, as well as your decision if you want to include Downtown at this point or not, and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also, did you want to go up to $130 for a 4* hotel first, then if rejected start over for a 3.5* up to $130... is that the gameplan? Please confirm, as well as your decision if you want to include Downtown at this point or not, and we'll advise accordingly.

Yes, I want to go up to $ 130 for a 4* hotel first. And, at this point, I'd not include Downtown and UWS.

Some more doubts: 1) I've read in one thread of this board that Hell's Kitchen 4* hotels (or just one I could not remember) are/is distant from metro station. Is that possible?

2) At this point, considering only convenience, did I make good choices, choosing the following 4* hotels zones: Midtown east and west, ESB, CPS, Chelsea, Hell's Kitchen, MSG and TS?

Sorry for so many questions, but it's my first time on priceline/hotwire and in NYC. :)

And I'll always use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin my bids.

To be centrally located i would be the following zones at the 4* level:

MTE, MTW, TS, ESB, CPS

At the 3.5* level:

ESB, MSG, MTW, TS and the following zones if the following conditions are acceptable

MTE - can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway

CPS - zone includes the Hudson Hotel which while well located has notoriously small rooms, which you may not want for a nearly one week stay

These are the zone(s) i would start with at each star level.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are no 4* hotels in the MSG zone so at that rating you'll just be bidding MTE, MTW, TS, ESB, CPS.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS, ESB, CPS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

If the above is rejected and you want to try for a 3.5*, close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

At the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* MTW and MSG....

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* ESB and TS....

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* ESB and MSG....

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTW and TS....

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* ESB, MSG, MTW and TS....

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 1 month later...

I don't know it that well, but The Manhattan Club is a timeshare property with some mixed reviews... some hate it and others love it (i suspect many of the raving reviews may be from timeshare owners substantiating their purchase)

While i know some of the Long Island City hotels get decent reviews (most of them are fairly new) i'm not such a fan of the area and for the same money (although it would be non-refundable so you'd need to forgo your hopes of landing a hotel in Manhattan) i much prefer a 4* on the Jersey City Waterfront area or Hoboken.

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? If you're flying in, which airport do you arrive? (if driving from which direction are you coming?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I'm not so sure SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID is going to help, but i wouldn't necessarily assume that splitting 3days/3days will give you the best deal. I would sooner try to get the greatest number of days on your first purchase which would leave the fewest nites remaining to fill-in.

I'd re-try the previous strategy for the following dates:

4/17-4/23

4/17-4/22

4/18-4/23

4/17-4/21

4/19-4/23

4/17-4/20

4/20-4/23

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Which zone is the 3* HOTWIRE hotel above located in? Is it only available for the one nite of 4/17? If so, do you have other arrangements for the other 5 nites of your stay? Unless you're willing to change hotels multiple times i wouldn't book any one/two nites of this trip until you get the majority of nites confirmed or planned... booking 3-4-5 nites only leaves you with the same number or fewer nites to 'fill-in', which you can usually do even if prohibitively expenisive... if you book a one-two nite stay and then are left with more than half your nites to fill-in, it becomes much more difficult to pay a little more than you originally intended.

Well, while these high prices, I have searched some vacations rental, and found one for 5 nights (04/18-23) for $1025 (including cleaning fee). So I am considering this option.

The property above is in downtown.

How about this one (that I found through board's links, like always!):

$123, Recommended in 85% of customer reviews, Midtown east, 3.5*.

Amenities:

Fitness center, restaurant, business center and high speed internet.

Thank you in advance.

Does the vacation rental include taxes or just the cleaning fee?

The MTE description matches multiple properties... Hilton Manhattan East, Doubletree Metropolitan, and the Roosevelt, so any of these would be likely candidates. (the Roosevelt is one the most frequently although you should be prepared for any of them)

The previous 3* Downtown property matches the Four Points Soho so that would be my best guess there.

Hi again, after have been bidding through these unforgettable links PRICELINE and HOTWIRE up to $ 165 ($1215, with fees and taxes, aprox 202 all in) I had no success for 4* hotels :) .

I quit (for a while), because I found $205 (all in) for Hotel Mela, with free cancelation. If prices drop, I will return. :o

Thank everybody, specially Thereuare who was always atencious and patient :)

• 1 month later...

:) Hi everybody!!! I'm back and now really satisfied and happy! I just got a 3,5* downtown for the right price (like Thereuare always says) ---> Club Quarters Wall Street for $80, all period (6 days) = $590 (all in).

An amazing deal, considering that I was supposed to pay $175 (for 6 days = $1230, with taxes and fee) for Hotel Mela. Ok, it is in midtown but... for the half price I'll stay very very happy in Downtown... Thanks everybody and thanks God!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]