Priceline Hotel: 5* Singapore (Orchard Road) Goodwood Park Hotel

maddb218
By maddb218,
in

Hi everyone, first of all I'd like to thank for your great help during this this bidding process. I've used PRICELINE a couple of times, but learned a great deal this time.

Anyways, to the main point, I've been bidding for 2 weeks, and finally got an accept for the Goodwood Park Hotel for $138, with fee and tax it's 166/night. I must say, for this particular hotel, I'm disappointed to get the offer. I'd rather go with the Swissotel Merchant Court for $140 on agoda. But looking at other posts, I got greedy and hoped to get the Conrad or something of equivalence. This hotel honestly isnt worth 2 weeks of researching and bidding my buttock off.

For those who are interested:

Started off @ $80, and bid to $118, got a counteroffer of $148, rejected the counteroffer

Rebid from 118 to 128 and got another counteroffer for 163 (???), rejected and bid 138, accepted.

I used the rebid strategies listed on this forum.

BTW, I'd like to ask for your opinions about this hotel. It's a bit too late but I'd like to know.

Thank you :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear you're not thrilled with the results this time around, and i'm not really familiar with this property as this is the first time it's been reported to the board. I have read some of the reviews and they're generally positive... appears above average, some isolated service issues (no trend of a problem), and some comments that it could use some 'sprucing up'... but overall most seem quite pleased with their stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

As no one else except the moderator has replied to you I will add my bit.....

By your win you have thrown a new hotel into the mix that has not been won on Priceline before.

We stayed at the Goodwood Park many, many years ago, the grounds, spacious rooms and facilities were good. Overall it was a good experience and I'm sure it has had many room upgrades since then. It is listed 30 in popularity on tripadvisor Singapore hotels so not a bad score. Its just that there are so many Singapore hotels to choose from and as its a heritage style hotel its not as popular as some of the newer hotels.

We have stayed in Singapore about 6 times over the past 35 odd years - and stayed at the Merchant Court about 10 years ago when it was first opened. It was nice, the rooms are smallish.....not anything to rave about except for the location at Clarke Quay and the pool area were great. With the great MRT train system you are quite well located to everything and your hotel is close to Orchard Rd so not a bad location.

I agree you did not save much by the time you paid the fees and taxes .... however you will probably get a nice room - and if it does not meet your expectations I just take my bags down to the foyer and tell them at the front desk that I am not happy and ask for a room change....... I look at the room/rooms offered and don't move my luggage until I like the room. I am always super polite - it usually works and I get a great room. In Singapore hotel staff like to please.

We are staying at the Hilton on Orchard for 3 nights won on PL for $101 +fees + taxes as part of our next holiday and I have a pretty good 4/5 star hotel for the other 5 nights with a fully refundable booking with breakfasts at $160 cancellable if I choose to try Priceline bidding again.

Just my theory: I do believe that it doesn't matter in SG whether you request Orchard Rd or Marina Bay - it you hit the right price you get the PL "best deal" in either area knocked down to you. I will wait until the 5 star "best deal" shows Marina Bay and will probably have a go at bidding and hopefully may jag the Conrad at a good price.

Don't stress and hava great holiday! I looooove Singapore!!!

Matty :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]