Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North Condo) Trump

marissac
By marissac,
in

I am trying to book the Trump International for Feb 3-8 and have noticed that sometime over the past few days the Las Vegas Strip Vicinity North - Condo area has added a 4* option (where previously I had only seen the 5*).

Today the 4* option is listed as having a median retail price of $144, where as the 5* option has a median retail price of $219. Any suggestions as to what the difference between these two listings is? I am assuming that both of them refer to Trump rooms as the description Priceline gives is a carbon copy of the way Trump describes itself and as far as I can tell there are no other condos in this area, but I am not sure how the one hotel can be both 4* and 5*. :)

Help?! The only thing that I can think of is that the 4* option refers to studios and the 5* option refers to one bedroom rooms, but that still doesn't really make sense.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area/a stupid question/has already been answered somewhere else. I will bid using the PRICELINE links from Better Bidding once I figure out which one I want to bid on.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Currently Trump is 5* rated in the North Strip CONDO zone and if you're trying to target this property that is what i would select... i wouldn't use the 4* rating (not even as a re-bid if you think there are no 4* condo properties in the area, there are enough other zones to use as re-bids that you don't need to take any unnecessary risk)

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you both for your replies.

I would agree that it has to be another property, I just can't figure out what it could be in the very small area that Priceline calls Strip Vicinity North- Condo (I haven't been able to spot even a non-condo property in this area on the maps I've looked at).

I have placed a few bids on the 5* (I'm not risking the 4*), the best response I have received so far was a counter offer of $99 (from a $79 bid) which I chose not to accept (even though it is probably a good rate considering I will be in Las Vegas for Superbowl weekend). I have gone up to $89, which resulted in a $114 counter offer- not going to accept that when I rejected $99, now am I Priceline? :)

I don't have a maximum bid, other than I would obviously not go over the $124 that can be booked directly through the Trump at the moment. Just as everyone else, I want to get the best deal that I can.

I'm not in a huge rush to book as from what I've read online, the Trump will probably be one of the last hotels to fill up, so I am thinking that I may refrain from bidding again for a short period of time as at the moment the ever increasing counteroffers are making me feel like I am just bidding against myself. Although knowing me, I'll probably keep bidding until I hit $99. :)

I have placed a few bids on the 5* (I'm not risking the 4*), the best response I have received so far was a counter offer of $99 (from a $79 bid) which I chose not to accept (even though it is probably a good rate considering I will be in Las Vegas for Superbowl weekend). I have gone up to $89, which resulted in a $114 counter offer- not going to accept that when I rejected $99, now am I Priceline?
I don't have a maximum bid...

Sure you do... at this time it's $89 (or at least less than $99 given you prefer to wait than accept the counter-offer).

Please us the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding.

Keep us updated and let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sure you do... at this time it's $89 (or at least less than $99 given you prefer to wait than accept the counter-offer).

Well, you've got me there- I did give myself a maximum bid when I decided not to meet the lowest counteroffer I received.

Anyway, I couldn't help myself- I checked the median price today and when I saw that it had dropped to $174 I bid again.

I first bid $87 (50% off median) on 5* and was encouraged to up the bid by $25 to $112.

I then added the Henderson zone (which doesn't have a 5* property) and my $90 bid was accepted.

So, to recap: 5* Las Vegas Stip Vicinity North- Condo Feb 3-8, 2011 $90/night- The Trump International. All in all, I'm very happy with $90 a night, especially seeing as though I am there over Superbowl weekend.

The identity of the 4* property remains a mystery for someone else to solve.

Thanks for your help, I'll be sure to use the links on Better Bidding for any future purchases.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]