Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (Regents Park-Baker St-Camden Lock) Holiday Inn Camden Lock

cheffip
By cheffip,
in

I will be in London from April 29- May 3. I was going to wait closer to the date to book a hotel but William and Kate's wedding date is making me plan ahead.

Two Hotwire deals caught my eye but I don't see them in your pinned list...any thoughts?

Kensington 4* - smokefree, fitness, restaurant, laundry highspeed - 85% recommend

London Docklands 4* - fitness, pool, restaurant, business, highspeed - 100% recommend

OK I've clicked on your HOTWIRE link and the results are the same.

So any advice on the two hotels I described above?

Also want to confirm that a $174 4* Regents Park - Camden lock with Smokefree, fitness, restaurant, business and highspeed is in all probability the Holiday Inn Camden Lock. (interestingly the hotel website says smoking rooms are available despite the Hotwire icon)

Unfortunately neither the Kensington or Docklands properties above have been reported to the board... the Docklands properties is only showing 10+ reviews so i'm guessing this may be a new property recently added to the HOTWIRE inventory.

I'm also not seeing the Regents Park - Camden Lock when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing this property on your own HOTWIRE search?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would find the best deal you're able to thru Expedia, and if (hopefully) cancelable, continue to try PRICELINE in an effort to beat your best deal... obviously this event will likely cause a big spike in demand, which will also likely lead to a spike in hotel rates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Expedia link if you go that route... coupon code FESTIVE10 may take $10 off per nite at many hotels at Expedia)

Let us know know what you come up with or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here's what I did as a first step. I used your HOTWIRE link and booked the Holiday Inn Camden Lock for May 1 and 2 because I wanted to try out the neighbourhood and the hotel has good reviews. So for your records...May 1-3 Holiday Inn Camden Lock $129 per night X 2 plus $54.46 service charges = $312.46. For comparison, the hotel's website non-refundable rate would be $473 and Expedia non-refundable would be $484 so I am pleased.

I'll reserve something in another neighbourhood through Expedia for April 29-30 as you suggest and try my luck on PRICELINE.

Congrats on your success. :)

First-rate deal for this Holiday Inn property! Can you confirm the amenity icons that were showing with this listing?

Additionally, REVIEW5 or ORBITZ5 are two coupons that may work for 5% off on Orbitz.

Please let us know what you decide and if you have any questions about the remaining dates of your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia or Orbitz links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]