Priceline Hotel: 3.5* or 3* Long Beach Hotel for 9/15/11 - 9/18/11

edana
By edana,
in

I have a convention at the Long Beach Convention Center and connecting Hyatt next Fall 9/15/11 - 9/18/11, and thought to line up a decent local hotel for my stay (Renaissance, Westin, Hilton, Hyatt all participate), and try also to take advantage of some $10/day bonus cash. However, in bidding recently I'm already up to $85 for 3.5* and $65 for 3* without success or even a counter offer. (According to Priceline, retail rooms go for $214/day then.) However, prior successful BetterBidding postings, including my own, for Long Beach hotels have not exceeded $79 for 3.5* and $55 or $60 for 3*. I'm wondering if someone may have a strategy or suggestion for me to try? If possible, I'm hoping not to let the bonus cash expire without using it by the end of the year.

Thank you.

However, prior successful BetterBidding postings, including my own, for Long Beach hotels have not exceeded $79 for 3.5* and $55 or $60 for 3*

I think the case is that you're bidding to early here (it's rare that i say this). I understand that you want to use your bonus cash but you might be paying more in the end, even with the bonus cash, if you bid now. But we would be happy to help you with a strategy if you want to secure a room this early.

Please post your max budget/night before tax/fee for a 3.5* and 3*.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I have a convention at the Long Beach Convention Center... According to Priceline, retail rooms go for $214/day then.) However, prior successful BetterBidding postings, including my own, for Long Beach hotels have not exceeded $79 for 3.5* and $55 or $60 for 3*.

How large is the conference... hotels already know about the conference (and have for some time) so if it's a large convention, it's possible that hotels have increased rates for these dates in anticipation of the higher demand.

If you want to try again you have ONE re-bid zone at the 3.5* level and NO re-bid zones at the 3* level. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Long Beach...

Bid $82, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

If the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Long Beach...

Bid $65

If the above is rejected you should have one more try before your bonus money expires and i'd retry the above, but try $70 for the 3* instead of $65

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (NOTE: please click our PRICELINE link and then go to the MY PROFILE>>MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page and click the link there to use your bonus money... NOT any links in a priceline email which you have have received which has the bonus money link in it) THANKS!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Shot down trying for 3.5* for $89, and 3* for $80. It's a large annual convention drawing attendance from throughout the state. But not all of the hotels are participating in it, only the Hyatt Regency and the Convention Center I believe. Do I try bidding monthly, or await expiration of the convention specials, await a successful BB posting for those days, wait to the last minute, or when do you think I should again test the waters?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]