Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

ashkap
By ashkap,
in

I have been trying Toronto downtown (3 and 4 star only) for the last couple of weeks now. Have gone upto $54 max, and been using Brampton and S'Pickering as my free bids.

Going by past winning bids, looks like the Sheraton (downtown) had low rates closer to the travel dates. Since my travel dates are 05/04-05/08 I am going to keep on hacking away! Hotwire shows 'customer favorite' (i.e. Sheraton?) at ~$75. So I am guessing I am in the ballpark.

Any advice??

BTW, thereuare... GO BUCKS!! :)

Thanks for the tips guys...

I think I will bump up my last free bid in my next '72 hour' attempt to $56. I do have a feeling that I am right on the edge! A lot of people here have pointed out that the best rates fall within 2-3 weeks. I already have a Days Inn (sic!) booked, so no worries!!

edvyr, thanks for pointing out Toronto East. I was committing a fundamental mistake while looking for rebid zones.

To look for the rebid zones, I opened up another window with Priceline and started going back and forth with each individual zone. I DID NOT enter the real travel dates in the 'false window' and instead just went with the default dates. So both the Toronto West and East zones were greyed out. I thought that meant Priceline did not have any hotels in that area, but of course it meant that they did not have any available on the default dates in my second window. *duh* Struck me right after you posted... thanks!

Been trying this one for almost 3 weeks now (ref: last post on 04/06). Was going for a 3* in the past, decided to go for a 4* after I saw the recent spate of successful Sheraton bids (all around $55-60). My latest 72 hour period just got open...

Started at $55 bid for 4* Toronto (Downtown), got a $15 bid increase offer. Kept on re-bidding up by $1 (I am cheap! ;-) Success at $62!!

Thanks for all the advice on this board (thereuare / edvyr, you were right on the money!).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]