Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Coral Gables-Coconut Grove) Mayfair House

cynt
By cynt,
in

i want to bid on a 4* hotel in south beach ( all 3 areas are ok) or miami beach

so far I raised my bid to 107$ but it never got accepted

now I wonder if i should proceed trying to get a hotel there, or to try for miami downtown or coral gables. In what price range could i find something there, it seems to me that those areas are cheaper, or am I wrong?

thank you for your help and i use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links provided

HOTWIRE has a 4* in the Coral Gables zone for $99/nite so you could go with this or try for a better price via PRICELINE. Not sure of your goal/purpose for this leg of your trip, but you may also want to consider Hollywood Beach where HOTWIRE has a 4* for $89.

Both of the above properties get good reviews from HOTWIRE users with 95% recommendation levels... and the Coral Gables property also shows a 4.0/5.0 Tripadvisor review.

Thoughts on the above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I think I would prefer a Hotel in Downtown, because that is closer to south Beach, i want to do some clubbing and shopping, and maybe even go to the beach (if the weather is ok)

Hotwire has no downtown hotels in my price range, so

I checked HOTWIRE and I found the 4* hotel that you mentioned. Could you help me to identify it

Coral Gables-coconut Grove area hotel

109$ a night

amenities:

smoke free rooms

fitness center

pool(s)

restaurant(s)

business center

High speed internet access

thank you so much, do you think i should keep biding on PRICELINE to get a hotel downtown or southbeach, because i could raise my bid to 120$ ?

I used the links provides to start my search

We have not seen a 4* Smoke Free property reported to the board in this zone, but the Sonesta Hotel and Suites and the Westin Colonnade have been reported with the other amenities, and each is a Smoke Free property, so either of these with a new Smoke Free icon would be my best guess fro this one.

You can try the extra $10-$15 for Downtown or South Beach hotel, but at the moment i'm guessing a 4* will be a bit beyond your budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I stayed at the Mayfait Hotel and spa, and it was very nice.

The hotel is very clean and the personnel was friendly. The room was quite big, there is a bathtube in the bathroom, and a lot of mirrors. I really appriciated the mirrors, because hotels often just have them on one side, so you can't see yourself from every side.

The pool at the rooftop was wonderfull, the view is great, and the personnel was very friendly.

The only thing that was disapointing was the roomservice, they just serve until 11 pm, that's the same time the restaurant closes.

The Metrotrain station is about 20 minutes by foot away, and not that easy to find.

I would stay again at the Mayfair, but I would recommend to rent a car. there is a public parking on the next street that only costs 5$ a day.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]