Priceline Hotel: 11/5 to 11/7 weekend seems hopeless

zipruana
By zipruana,
in

Have bid 5 nights in a row with all kinds of strategies, no accepted bids.

Bid as high as $220 for MS, Times Square, MTW MTE, Hells Kitchen, Chelsea, Empire, CP South and even tried a bunch of bids at 2.5 star - nada.

Darn that awesome city and it's high hotel prices and those fanatical joggers in the NYC Marathon! I normally never pay more then $85 in any other city!

Do PRICELINE hotel rooms become available as time goes by or just get scarcer? Does anyone know?

Sorry to hear that bids have not yet been accepted, but I'm a little surprised, given that HOTWIRE rates don't seem quite as bad as NYC has during the Winter season - for example, a 3.5* Chelsea is showing for about $250 on HOTWIRE. I don't think a 4* is going to be available around $225-250 for these dates, but a 3.5* in one of the Midtown areas for around $225-235 (I'm guessing that there is not going to be an aggressive difference between HOTWIRE and PRICELINE rates, given what's going on on these dates) may be possible.

What bids have you tried so far?

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for keeping us updated; sorry to hear that bids were not accepted. Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link, and good luck with the next round of bidding.

In terms of rooms opening up closer to the time period, that is a possibility, but if traffic remains high or there's something going on during these dates (which is the case), rates can definitely stay around these levels or go higher. Additionally, if there's a marathon going on, hotels will likely want to be able to have rooms at full rate for last minute walk-ins.

This would be a possible match for the Doubletree Chelsea or Ramada New Yorker. I do see the Embassy Suites Downtown for $259 on Orbitz (and coupon code ORBITZ5 should work for 5% off.) (at least with that you would get breakfast and evening reception), but that's awfully far South, unfortunately.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Orbitz links to start your purchases and searches.

Additionally, in terms of two beds, using PRICELINE in the hopes of getting two beds in NYC is extremely risky and unlikely. Using HOTWIRE in NYC if you are searching for more than 2 people, you are guaranteed bedding for the entire party; that is most commonly 2 beds, but could also be 1 + sofabed or 1 + other option.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]