Priceline Hotel: Here's my NYC story!

scottlevin
By scottlevin,
in

I bid up to $200 for a 4* in CPS, Hell's Kitchen, MTE, MTW, MSG, TS, ES, Downtown, and Chelsea.

Then I did the same for a 3.5*. Up to $200. Nothing.

Then I did the same for 3* but just for Hell's Kitchen, MTE, MTW, TS, and CPS. Nothing. At $200.

This is for 11/6-7. Anyone know of any discounts through regular channels? The event we are going to is in the East Village. So maybe Brooklyn could work? Or Long Island City and then a cab? Also, we have seen a lot of "okay" deals on lastminutetravel.com but they are "on request." Does this mean they are unlikely?

Have you looked at HOTWIRE (link is in the upper left corner)? Maybe one of the further out areas could be made to work for you? In similar circumstances, my son and I actually managed a 3 day visit from a Newark airport hotel. Tricky little airport shuttle/airport train/bus/train/train run, but we got quite good at it.

There was a $99 rate at JFK for your date (which probably would be a little simpler than EWR too).

Romelle

• 3 weeks later...
Will the ING NYC marathon have an impact on the city that weekend?
YES!! Historically it's a very expensive weekend in NYC. If you'd like help with your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]