Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Renaissance

MrCoffee
By MrCoffee,
in

Wow. This is the most difficult bid I've ever had!

50+ rebids, I kid you not. I stopped keeping track after about 10. Basically nothing worked for either 4* or 3.5* for under $175 for these dates, plus or minus one day, for the following regions: White House/Downtown, Georgetown/Foggy Bottom, Dupont Circle, Convention Center and Arlington.

Oddly, I ended up getting a 4* with a 3.5* bid. I've never had that happen before. I only started trying 3.5* after conceding to not getting a 4* for up to $200/night in the Downtown area.

Final Result:

Bonus Cash Per Room, Per Night: $5.00

(discount from previous airline bid - awesome deal at 30% off best published rate, by the way)

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $170.00

Total Offer Price Per Room, Per Night with Bonus: $175.00

Taxes & Fees: $114.12

Total Charges*: $794.12

I'm going to DC for Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity and Stephen Colbert's March to Keep Fear Alive on October 30th, which I'm guessing has something to do with these ridiculously high rates. I checked the hotel's website to see how much I saved (nearly 50% by the way, so I won't complain), and there was a note stating that rates would drop significantly after the 30th (although perhaps that's just the start of the winter season).

Anyway, hope this info helps with others' bidding.

Used the PRICELINE link.

Cheers.

Congratulations on your success!

DC can often be a tricky market as there is almost always something going on... rallies, protests, government meetings, etc, etc which all play a factor in hotel rates, which can often spike/trough dramatically from day-to-day depending upon the start/end date of any of the various events.

Glad to see you found something which works for your needs this trip and at a very nice discount.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what to do with this comment, but to the moderators:

I have been looking at the calendar feature and this post shows up until the end of time. It seems to me that it might be the 2010 - 4 digit year on the end date of the stay. Most posts appear to follow a 2 digit year format.

There is a post for DC in the hotwire section that is doing the same thing.

Thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]