Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland-Anaheim) Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort

Roythe13th
By Roythe13th,
in

Was trying to get the Holiday Inn on Walnut because it was much closer to Disneyland.

Seeing a recent win of $38, I tried that. 3 *. 'Disneyland - Anaheim'. Denied.

Added 'Disneyland - Orange - Garden Grove', raised price to $40. Denied.

Checked website and rooms going for $81. But it's Gay Days Anaheim that weekend so maybe less available rooms.

Waited 24 hours.

Bid $45. 3 *, Disneyland - Anaheim. Denied again.

Raised price to $48. Added 'Disneyland - Orange - Garden Grove'. Bid accepted.

Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort (on Manchester)

10/1/2010 - 10/5/2010

Price $48.00 x 4 nights = $192.00. Taxes & Fees = $33.88. Total for stay = $225.88.

First disappointed because hotel is a little further away for walking to Disneyland. But after doing research, this hotel has mini fridge in room, free wifi, FREE PARKING, and no resort fee, and Disneyland is a very short drive or can take the shuttle, and now feel much better.

Although issues may arise once I'm on property, right now, I think I will upgrade from mostly pleased to very pleased. I've been reading reviews today for both the Holiday Inn on Walnut and the one on Manchester and actually think I got the better property. The Holiday Inn on Walnut is right behind the Mickey & Friends parking garage making it seem you could easily walk across and take the Disney tram to the front gate but all reviews seem to indicate you must walk past the M & F garage and walk much further and circle back around...across busy traffic trying to get into the garage and there aren't ways to cut across parking lots it seems. Also the resort fees there seems a little steep for such a non-resort property. The Holiday Inn on Manchester is further away but still fairly close and with the free wifi, parking, mini fridge and nicer pool and the option of the shuttle or driving and parking at Disney for what I was expecting to pay for parking at the hotel, I think this is a more desirable property. I'm used to visiting Disneyland by driving from a hotel in Hollywood or LAX area and having to get up at 6am to fight traffic on the way down to the resort so even just being a mile away will seem like a dream.

I've visited the site over the last couple of years for winning bids on Priceline to ball park a bid but never really read the posts. I didn't even know about helping the site by using the links. So today, I joined and will use the links in the future and report wins. I will be spending almost 2 weeks in the LA area on this trip. Although I will be spending some nights with friends, I plan to bid on another property more in Los Angeles proper and another stay back in Orange County the last few days of the trip to finish off my Disneyland multi day ticket and to be closer to John Wayne Airport for my departure day. I will definitely use the PRICELINE link on this page!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]