Priceline Hotel: 4* Hong Kong (West Hong Kong Island) Cosmopolitan Hotel

spp
By spp,
in

I have tried up to 75 hoping to get the Courtyard that others have gotten but failed so far. Started with west HK island and added Tsim Sha Tsui, central kowloon and lastly silvermine bay (lack 4*) but stopped there. Not sure if I should also try east island (avoiding tsuen wan as others indicated).

timeline is 10/14-10/19

Any advice would be appreciated. I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks!

There is a rate change during the course of your stay making rates higher then when others have won at similar bidding levels... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What hotel and in which zone did you receive for the 10/17-10/19 portion of your stay?

Please post this information in a reply to this thread and we'll edit the topic title accordingly to reflect this win... then please start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I did not win the bids for 14-17. I've tried just getting 16-17 along and no luck there either. I've bid as high as 140 so far for 4* and no luck.

Some travel agent told me that there's some electronic convention taking place from 13-16th and maybe that's why it's so hard to get hotel (and also airfare) for that period of time.

A friend of mind who is traveling with us from October 15 to 17 had been attempting to bid for a couple of weeks in August. She bid up to 120 and finally got the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Wan Chai on August 19, 2010, she was hoping to get the Courtyard but unfortunately she won the Cosmo. Not much of deal really it was about a saving of about 20$ a night. Not the best deal but one none the less. I was successful in bidding on priceline and getting the Courtyard at 75$ a night just three weeks earlier for the dates. There must be a convention in town that weekend.

spp,

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps more than you originally intended to spend, glad to see you got this stay settled and and can now focus on other aspects of your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the rooms in Hong Kong come with 1 bed or 2 beds? I am traveling with my husband and 1 8 year old. Thanks!

With PRICELINE in general, only double occupancy/1 bed is guaranteed; one can call the hotel to make a bedding request, but the hotel may not have availability, may say no or may charge more.

For triple occupancy you may want to try a HOTWIRE search (selecting 2adults/1child) to see if anything is offered in this area.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]